Cant change number on website. Extra charge if you call them

SOLVED
plahey
I'm a Participant Level 2

The new website does NOT allow me to change my number for free like I used to be able to. The message says they are embarrassed about it and to call them to change your number.  When you do call them, they don't tell you about a charge, but they automatically charge you $30 each time you change your number.  Frankly, I am not impressed, and am tired of Fido nickel-and-diming-me-to death...

Accepted Solution

Re: Cant change number on website. Extra charge if you call them

Solved by Former Moderator FidoRachel

Hey @plahey, since we updated our website certain self-serve transactions are temporarily down. I'd be more than happy to take care of the change for you; don't worry you won't be charged for it.

I'm sending you a PM. Don't forget we're also available on Twitter and Facebook if ever you need help with your account. 

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
FidoRachel
Former Moderator

Hey @plahey, since we updated our website certain self-serve transactions are temporarily down. I'd be more than happy to take care of the change for you; don't worry you won't be charged for it.

I'm sending you a PM. Don't forget we're also available on Twitter and Facebook if ever you need help with your account. 

plahey
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hello FidoRachel, thanks for your reply.  What is a PM?

I have already changed my number back in December and was charged for it, even though I mentioned at the time that I did not want to be charged for something that I used to be able to do for free and cannot do on the new website.  I have also called today to request to have the charge removed for number change, and it was not.    Frustrated!     Can you help?

PM refers to Private Message, you can read/reply it from the top-right corner, by clicking "Messages".