Cannot register my email address on my phone bb curve 9300

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

Cannot register my email address on my phone bb curve 9300

Hey

Just replaced my new phone with another new set as the previous one was having net work difficulties now I am not able to register my email addresses to this new phone set it asks me to reset the three email addresses I had I validate them but it does not work after that. I switched off the phone took off the battery and tried again but no luck please guide me through how to get it sorted..

Thank you

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot register my email address on my phone bb curve 9300

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it. As 

Follow the steps below:

• Go to Options
  • Device or Advance Option (Select the one appropriate with your model)
  • Advanced system settings and or Host routing table (whichever comes first depending on the BB model)
  • Click the Blackberry options button and select register now then Push OK
  • Select OK when Prompt to do so then push the END CALL button.
  • Check your messages to make sure a BB registration message was sent to your device

Once completed, try to set up the email to the device once again, because it should work. But if for some unknown reason it does not work then you may contact Blackberry for hardware support as well as BB profile support and contact Fido via Twitter/Facebook or Tech support to make sure your account BIS is provision correctly. 

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted

if the email address a ".ca" email. I found on my curve 8520 I am unable to register my hotmail.ca address because it doesnt recognize it as a valid email Sad

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Did you try removing them and then adding them from scratch?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Instead of using the Windows Live option, did you try configuring your email with the "other" category?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Fido Employee
Fido Employee
Solution

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it. As 

Follow the steps below:

• Go to Options
  • Device or Advance Option (Select the one appropriate with your model)
  • Advanced system settings and or Host routing table (whichever comes first depending on the BB model)
  • Click the Blackberry options button and select register now then Push OK
  • Select OK when Prompt to do so then push the END CALL button.
  • Check your messages to make sure a BB registration message was sent to your device

Once completed, try to set up the email to the device once again, because it should work. But if for some unknown reason it does not work then you may contact Blackberry for hardware support as well as BB profile support and contact Fido via Twitter/Facebook or Tech support to make sure your account BIS is provision correctly. 

Hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 5