Cannot pay by Mastercard Credt card online for months

SOLVED
liusy641
I'm a Participant Level 2

I was paying my Fido bills online by my BMO Mastercard Credt card for more than two years. Three months ago, I got a renewed Mastercard with the original card number but different valid thru date and secuirty code. Ever since that, I have not been able to pay Fido online. The payment page gave me a message saying credit card registration failed. I have to pay FIdo through phone call each time. And Fido CS haven't solve this issue till now. But last CS I talked with said maybe sth wrong with my Fido.ca and she would report the problem. Today I am getting a message saying an error happened try again later instead of previous credit card registration failed. I have tried IE and Chrome but no luck.

Does anyone have the same issue? Who can I talk to for a possible solution? Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot pay by Mastercard Credt card online for months

Solved by I'm Experienced Level 2
Have you checked with BMO if they see the transaction, or at least an attempt, on their end? Sometimes they have clearer messages as to what the issue is, so it could help a CSR pinpoint what it is and make an investigation with the website support team.
View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
TheOrangeGuy
I'm Experienced Level 2

Have you checked with BMO if they see the transaction, or at least an attempt, on their end? Sometimes they have clearer messages as to what the issue is, so it could help a CSR pinpoint what it is and make an investigation with the website support team.
auser

Fido web service is defective and or corrupted.  Have had similar problem with Fido accepting mastercard for last 5 years. Each time card is changed get registration error.  Card is good everywhere else on earth. Only Fido has technical issues with mastercard payment.  

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey auser!

Are you having difficulty registering a credit card on your account? 

What's the exact error message you're getting?

Let us know!

TheOrangeGuy
I'm Experienced Level 2

Does your card work for other online payments? Also, was your previous card number/expiry/security

ode saved in your browsers? If so, it may be what causes the issue. Try deleting it and try again.
liusy641

It works perfect on other websites. And I cleaned the cookies before I last tried on fido.ca.

liusy641

Just paid my bill online by my wife's visa card without any problem. But my own BMO mastercard still doesn't work and gives me a "registration failed" message. Anybody on this forum can help? I've talked to several Fido CSRs through phone over months but no solution.