Cannot change my phone number through the website?

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

SOLVED
TT5
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi there! 

I've moved from Ottawa back to Toronto a couple months ago and would really like to change my phone number for business reasons. Everytime I try to do it through fido.ca i get a message saying that function is temperarily unavailible and to call fido to change it. I don't want to do it by phone and get charged $35 when it's free online!

Help?

-Tara

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot change my phone number through the website?

Solved by Moderator

Hey TT5 and welcome to the Community.

The option of changing your phone number is temporarely not available on Fido.ca

I can help you with that if you want. 

I'm sending ou a PM to get this looked into Smiley

Talk to you soon.

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
FidoKenny

Hey TT5 and welcome to the Community.

The option of changing your phone number is temporarely not available on Fido.ca

I can help you with that if you want. 

I'm sending ou a PM to get this looked into Smiley

Talk to you soon.

oggieisadoggie
I'm a Participant Level 3

...and this situation has been going un since WHEN???? My estimation is SINCE NOVEMBER if not even earlier than that. I've posted this same question myself, got the double-speak "form letter type of answer." It's actually very discouraging to a lot of Fido customers in that they can almost do NOTHING by or for themselves but most everything has to be handled by a customer service rep. which of course involves calling one up? That's patehtic. I've spoken to a few reps. about how long the "BIG MAGICAL CHANGE" is taking and although 2 of them whispered that "they've never seen it take this long to cough, re-vamp a site" I'm also certain many reps are taking heat for what the technicians are NOT getting accomplished. Look around these community discussions and know this, there ARE a vast majority of visitors and Fido customers who know how and just want to do things themselves ie: WE DON'T WANT TO CALL YOU UP FROM A PHONE AND SPEAK TO YOU! Something else I actually said to a rep: "often enough the corporate people (ie: management) wants customers to be automated since it then cuts down on actual calls and tying up the csr's" In my opinion, many people will see this as a failure and although I don't like comparing a young sibling to an older one like parents used to do, if this was Rogers re-vamping their website and certain options weren't available to valued customers, they wouldn't be taking MONTHS to rectify such situations. I see this whole Fido mess as one trying to sell me canned luncheon meat for 20 bucks, while other companies giving me actual, real steak for that 20. And yes, I DO HAVE a full, monthly account with Rogers and have had one for 10 years now without a blip of any kind. The word is out though, Fido is trying to sell luncheon meat and only a few newbies will buy it............

Hey oggieisadoggie, 

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! 

I understand how this can be frustrating, and we cant' wait for all the self-serve options to be up and running. That's what we're working on. The process is lenghty I'll give it to you but that's only because we want to make sure that once it's available it will stay available. 

Keep an eye on our website to stay in the loop.