Cannot access data since upgraded to $60/10GB data plan

umdloti
I'm a Participant Level 2

I upgraded to the $60 / 10gb plan on Monday IN PERSAON at a Fido store, along with hordes of others in the queue - since that moment, I have no longer been able to access any cellular data. I logged into my account and I see that it shows I have a $40 voice account ONLY, no data. Clearly, this is a problem..  The account has been changed, sure - its been radically downgraded from my previous plan!!!!.

PS I did get a text yesterday saying  the promotion had been upgraded to be a full 10gb that would not expire after 24 months... so Fido does appear to be aware that I signed up for the 10GB promotion, at some level...

I cannot reach anyone by phone (message says they are closed, but that they are open til 9m... its only 7pm PST, their site is silent on the matter of timezones - are they only open to 9pm EST? If they are open to 9pm across all timezones, someone went home early. If timezones matter, put the darn things in your website so we know what we are up against!!)

Live chat: "Live Support is temporarily unavailable. Please try again in a few moments. We appreciate your patience.". A few moments waiting is, of course, no use at all. Same message over and over....

Pretty frustrating.

3 REPLIES 3
FidoStephen
Community Manager

Hey @umdloti and welcome to the Community!

So sorry that we couldn't get back to you sooner; we've been pretty swamped lately. 

Were you able to get this sorted out?

umdloti
I'm a Participant Level 2

Not fixed yet... managed to call in and speak to someone..

So apparently what happened is the new plan only starts after the new billing cycle on 8 Jan.

However, what the person in the store did is delete the current data plan off my account (thankfully the phone plan is still there at least) and they "deleted all the codes as well" (whatever that means) so that fido customer care can't figure out how to put the data plan back...  I think perhaps it is a plan that is no longer offered (3 gb for $35 or something like that)  so they need to resurrect it from my account rather than apply a new one.

Bottom line? I am being invoiced/billed for data for the entire monthly cycle, but access to all cellular data was removed on December 18, and I won't have data back until I transfer to the new plan on Jan 8. Unless someone can figure out how to put it back in the meantime....

but even if it is fixed soon, I have already been denied data access since Monday, and this will likely be for about 3 weeks.... so I am paying for something and not getting it. So I think a credit will be in order, don't you?

Hey @umdloti,

Thanks for the info! I'll send you a PM to see if we can figure something out Smiley