Cannot Find "Update SIM Card" Option in My Account

SOLVED
YKong
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi there,

I smashed my old phone and a friend gave me an old unlocked iPhone 4S to use.

Since my current SIM doesn't fit in the "new" phone, I purchased a SIM card at a local Fido store over the weekend.

I've been trying to follow the instructions to register it through my account, but the strangest thing is that I don't see an option for "Update Sim Card" after I select the phone number for which I want to change SIM cards!

My Account --> Select Mobile (or select line if multiple lines) --> no option to "Update Sim Card" here.

I've even done a CTRL + F in my browser for the text "sim card" to check that I didn't just visually miss it on the page, but that hasn't turned up anything either.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot Find "Update SIM Card" Option in My Account

Solved by Former Moderator FidoAmanda

Hey YKong!

Welcome to the Community!

Do you have a prepaid account or a monthly account? If you have a monthly account, are you logging in to My Account as the account holder or an authorized user? 

The option to activate a new SIM card is only available to the account holder of a monthly account. 

Let us know! 

View solution in context
9 REPLIES 9
FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey YKong!

Welcome to the Community!

Do you have a prepaid account or a monthly account? If you have a monthly account, are you logging in to My Account as the account holder or an authorized user? 

The option to activate a new SIM card is only available to the account holder of a monthly account. 

Let us know! 

vlo

What's the difference between those 2 account types? 

I must have a prepaid account because my account also does not show this link, how should I activate my SIM card?

Hey @vlo, and welcome to the Community! Very_Happy

Account holder access to Fido.ca gives full access to make changes and transactions and subscriber access gives access to usage and the balance.

We'll send you a PM so we can get that SIM updated for you Smiley

See you there!

Could you help me with this also!!! I'm in the same boat. Thank you!

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @11116 & welcome to the Community!

I'll go ahead and send you a PM. Smiley

goldenvie
I'm a Participant Level 2

I have the same problem. How can you help me?

goldenvie
I'm a Participant Level 2

Problems solved. Already contacted Fido through "Live chat".

Thanks for keeping us posted @goldenvie Smiley 

@YKong when you purchased your SIM card at the Fido store you could have done it at the store.

To find it if you are on a postpaid plan login to MY ACCOUNT click on the number you want to update the SIM and it will be right there in the same line as your number.

sim update.png