Cancelling $9.99 Fido or is it truly free for 2 years with my Pulse Plan?

SOLVED
bjlawrence11
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hi there. I've had a fido plan for 6 years now, but when I signed up for a new device and contract in August 2016, I was given free access to Spotify. My understanding was that it would be free for 6 months then I could cancel.

I want to be sure that I don't get charged. How can I cancel- FidoHub does nothing but suggest how to get a code for signing up for Spotify. Can you help me cancel or is free for 2 years, as others have suggested in these forum?

Thanks,

Ben

Accepted Solution

Re: Cancelling $9.99 Fido or is it truly free for 2 years with my Pulse Plan?

Solved by Former Moderator FidoRanya

Hey @bjlawrence11 ,

Thanks for reaching out Smiley

You should be able to remove it from www.fidohub.ca , are you doing it while connected to WI-Fi or data? Also, you registered for the 6 month free period correct? 

-FidoRanya

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @bjlawrence11 ,

Thanks for reaching out Smiley

You should be able to remove it from www.fidohub.ca , are you doing it while connected to WI-Fi or data? Also, you registered for the 6 month free period correct? 

-FidoRanya

bjlawrence11
I'm a Participant Level 3

I did indeed sign up for the free 6 month period. I just had read in these forums that it was free for Pulse plan members. But I've now found out that's not true.

I successfully cancelled through www.fidohub.ca now, thanks. Didn't realize that if you follow through entering a texted code (as I did when I first signed up), that I would be given the option to cancel.

Thanks though!

Hello Bjlawrence11,

Welcome to the community!

I'm glad you figured out how to cancel your Spotify subscription.

Just to clarify, when Fido first started offering free Spotify, it did use to be for 2 years for Pulse plan customers. However, newer Pulse plan customers now only get the subscription free for 6 months (as per current offer on fido.ca). That's the reason some of the older Spotify threads refer to having the service for 2 years.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Perfect thanks for the update @bjlawrence11