Cancellation Stress

Cancellation Stress

Cancellation Stress

SOLVED
Drewh93
I'm a Participant Level 2

Cancellation Stress

Hey all, 

Just wondering how the cancellation fee is calculated, my two year term is ending in March 17 and currently finishing my degree and my monthly plan is really expensive and just not fesible atm anymore, everytime I try to change it I can't because I have to be on a max plan or some other plan thats pretty much in the same price range. Decided to just cancel it and switch carriers for now since even upgrading costs an arm and a leg with fees and my current phone is on its last leg. I also am curious to what happens with my fido dollars if I cancel, im assuming its lost and also can fido dollars be applied to such costs as hardware fees and the buyout fees?

Thanks in advance.

Drew

Accepted Solution

Re: Cancellation Stress

Solved by MVP MVP

@Drewh93 the cancellation fee is based on the subsidy you got for the phone. Lets say you got a $600 subsidy on your phone that $600 is divided by 24 months (600/24 = 25) so every month the amount you owe drops by $25 so if your contract ends in march that's 6 months left so its 6 x 25 = $150 to cancel.

You can also login to MY ACCOUNT then click on the number you want to get the info for and on the next page at the bottom where it says Upgrade Today Fee: that's the amount you will have to pay to cancel today.

Fido dollars can not be used to pay your invoice, it can only be used to pay for hardware or certain value packs. If you cancel your Fido account you will lose your Fido dollars.

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
KAPABLE-K
MVP

@Drewh93 the cancellation fee is based on the subsidy you got for the phone. Lets say you got a $600 subsidy on your phone that $600 is divided by 24 months (600/24 = 25) so every month the amount you owe drops by $25 so if your contract ends in march that's 6 months left so its 6 x 25 = $150 to cancel.

You can also login to MY ACCOUNT then click on the number you want to get the info for and on the next page at the bottom where it says Upgrade Today Fee: that's the amount you will have to pay to cancel today.

Fido dollars can not be used to pay your invoice, it can only be used to pay for hardware or certain value packs. If you cancel your Fido account you will lose your Fido dollars.