Canceling Spotify Premium before the 6 months free

SOLVED
baharrr
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi, I cancele my spotify premium subsribtion with fido- using fidohub.ca, before the 6 month is up, but my account still shows premium. I need the premium account to be canceled. What should I do? I even recieved a text message confirming the cancelation!

Accepted Solution

Re: Canceling Spotify Premium before the 6 months free

Solved by Former Moderator FidoRachel

Thanks! 

Spotify Premium is a monthly offer. If you cancelled it mid-cycle, the service will remain active until that cycle ends. 

This isn't related to the billing cycle in your Fido account, it's based on the day you activated it. 

For example, if it was activated on January 1st and cancelled on April 15th, the service will remain active until the end of the month (which completes the cycle).

Hope it helps! 

View solution in context
5 REPLIES 5
FidoCharles

Hey @baharr

Welcome to the Community!

When exactly did you stop your promotion? And do you know when is the end of your 6 free months?

baharrr

Hi @FidoCharles I cancelled the subscription on Mar 5th, 2018 and the end of 6 months is April 24th

Thanks! 

Spotify Premium is a monthly offer. If you cancelled it mid-cycle, the service will remain active until that cycle ends. 

This isn't related to the billing cycle in your Fido account, it's based on the day you activated it. 

For example, if it was activated on January 1st and cancelled on April 15th, the service will remain active until the end of the month (which completes the cycle).

Hope it helps! 

baharrr

Excellent. thanks @FidoRachel . I will wait until end of the spotify monthly cycle to see how it goes! 

Sounds good Smiley  Keep us posted!