Cancel phone upgrade

Cancel phone upgrade

Cancel phone upgrade

SOLVED
alicemoon
I'm a Participant Level 3

Cancel phone upgrade

Hello, my original phone number got ported out and the whole phone number and plan was cancelled. However I requested a phone upgrade for this number after it was cancelled without noticing... I went to Fido store and they said that the upgrade I requested might have not gone through because my original number is gone now, and it is impossible. However I received a confirmation email that my request for upgrade is pending, and that Fido will send me an email when the new phone is sent out. I wonder how I can check if the cancellation has gone through.

Accepted Solution

Re: Cancel phone upgrade

Solved by Former Moderator FidoAmanda

Hey alicemoon!

Welcome to the Community!

If I understand correctly, you placed an order for a hardware upgrade and then subsequently ported out that phone number to another provider before that device was shipped, is that right?

If that's what happened here, your order would have been cancelled since, when you port out a phone number, the line belonging to that number would be closed as soon as the port in is complete and we cannot complete the upgrade when the line is closed.

View solution in context
10 REPLIES 10
Scooby-Doo
I'm Qualified Level 1

Hello @alicemoon 

Here is what I gather please correct me if I'm wrong ok

1) your line got ported

2) The cancellation went through.. or was to go through when you visited the store Fido 

3)the store placed an order for you to upgrade your phone knowingly that you had no more line at Fido 

hopefully the store ok would have requested on your behalf the Return of the line they would have had some sort of authorization from you to reinstate the line (please verify if the store left you with the paperwork about reporting the line back.

At the moment you "upgrade" that should have take place or a new number line.

The email you have received about the phone being ship might provide more details about the number line. But those are sort of automated emails at this point I don't know if your with a new line or back ported line that should not affect your deal so don't over worry now ok. 

Be careful to keep your privileges about the phone price if it was a promo $0 you would have been eligible as a new client or an update.

For next time, May I suggest you to update your phone on my account app in your case because you made transactions through the store at this point you inquire there for more assistance; in your case because the request was initiated at the store so they would have paperwork about the current state or to wait for the billing and take any issues then with customer service once your account is updated...Or renew.

I hope it helps a bit in the meantime.

alicemoon

Sorry for the late reply.

1) my old number got ported from other carrier by accident

2) without knowing this, I requested an upgrade phone

3) the phone number got ported so my line is cancelled

4) Went to Fido store and found out I cannot get back my old phone number and plan

5) Contracted a new line and a new phone

6) Asked the employee if my request for upgrade gone through

7) He said it did not because my old numver is gone now

😎 However I received an email that my request for an upgrade (old number is gone though) went through, and will get more info if the upgraded phone is out for delivery

9) How can I check if it is really cancelled? 

Thank you.

Scooby-Doo
I'm Qualified Level 1

Hi @alicemoon firstly I'm glad you are staying!

As for the prior cancellation was it made at the store where was the number ported* this takes a couple days usually by now I will assume that the if the porting went through then the cancellation have but please clarify the following:...

-Were you using that same number ported with the new registration or a new.number?

If it was the same old number then cancellation went through and it's all done and back as you can see your new activation.

If it is a different new number you might not see it in your current account but it will go noticed on your billing.

Also see if it is a new account check the number if it is the same as your old bills account. And, if it is a new account you will probably get two different bills and definitely not see the old account upon login.

I hope it helps clarify Smiley

alicemoon

Hello there,

to clarify, now I have a new number and a new phone with Fido. 

The old number is ported to other carrier, and I cannot see the old number in my account anymore.

Does that mean that the cancellation of upgrade went through too?

I hope that Fido does not send me a new phone and sends me a $600 bill...

Hey alicemoon!

Welcome to the Community!

If I understand correctly, you placed an order for a hardware upgrade and then subsequently ported out that phone number to another provider before that device was shipped, is that right?

If that's what happened here, your order would have been cancelled since, when you port out a phone number, the line belonging to that number would be closed as soon as the port in is complete and we cannot complete the upgrade when the line is closed.

alicemoon

@FidoAmanda @Scooby-Doo

I think I got it! So the upgrade is cancelled right? Now I feel good Smiley Thank you!

That's right, @alicemoon! As long as your line was closed before your order was shipped, then you have nothing to worry about. In that situation your order would be cancelled automatically. 

alicemoon

@FidoAmanda@Scooby-Doo

Thank you for your help!!!

Scooby-Doo
I'm Qualified Level 1

Hello @alicemoon well I can't confirm that the upgrade is cancelled

It seems a phone is being prepared for you unless you cancel that too?  You have a few options now to cancel the delivery for the phone not to ship or take it with the store representative ,

reaching out or @FidoAmanda can send you a PM here.

If the phone already shipped you have 15 days for an exchange or cancel it. 

I just don't know what contract you signed at the store..

Nothing is unresolvable!:smileyhappy:

Scooby-Doo
I'm Qualified Level 1

Hello @alicemoon Smiley

Sorry for delay in reply, I had some shopping.

Ok so Don't worry I m sure that Fido will use your new Fido number with your new phone to get you the promotion.

So your previous cancellation was for a previous line and previous plan  Should all  go through. it probably had already 

Please correct me if I'm wrong here but it seems to me that you did not re used the previous line (old number ported) nor reinstated it nstead you went get with a new number.

So all should be fine there is no way Fido will charge you the phone alone if you took a new line to go with it right.

Just keep in mind that the cancellation might create fees depending on terms of your previous contract. Hopefully your Fido store would have flagged that for you if any. 

If you have any issues with your billing when it comes in please get ahold of support team here and they will be glad to assist you.

Cheers!