Canada wide long distance

SOLVED
luxshan_08
I'm a Participant Level 2

When I got my plan they mention it is unlimited Canada wide calling, but for some local numbers when I try to call it is saying "Wait in line while I connect you long distance call" my question is why does it say this and do I get charged if I stay in line as it says? 

Accepted Solution

Re: Canada wide long distance

Solved by I'm Helpful Level 2

I think it just does that if you didn't start with 1 in front of the 10 digit long distance number.  It just first tries the 10 digit number, and call is rejected due to long distance, so Fido adds 1 in front and redials it for you.  Should be no charge if number is Canadian.

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
luxshan_08
I'm a Participant Level 2

Thank you guys. I'm clear now. 

MunkroX
I'm Helpful Level 1

I hear ya, when i got my phone i called a "long distance" number and the pre recorded voice said it was a long distance call and charges would apply. Got a little concerned but never once saw a charge on my bill. Prolly just says it as a general use for people with no LD plan. But i wouldnt worry about it i mean if there is a charge and you have unlimited canada wide calling, its pretty obvious fido would credit back with no issues. 

SpiltBwater
I'm Helpful Level 2

I think it just does that if you didn't start with 1 in front of the 10 digit long distance number.  It just first tries the 10 digit number, and call is rejected due to long distance, so Fido adds 1 in front and redials it for you.  Should be no charge if number is Canadian.