Can you upgrade a tablet online and avoid the 30 dollar fee?

Fido Employee snorlax141
Fido Employee

Can you upgrade a tablet online and avoid the 30 dollar fee?

Can someone answer this question for me?  When I log in and click upgrade my device while on my tablet account it takes me to a selection of phones.  No tablets are visible.  When i go to the tablet section there are tablets but no option to upgrade or buy online.  It says find a store.  So it would appear you can't upgrade a tablet online and avoid that 30 dollar fee.  Is that right or am I missing something?

Accepted Solution

Re: Can you upgrade a tablet online and avoid the 30 dollar fee?

Hey @snorlax141 

You are correct. At the moment, it is not possible to upgrade the tablet via fido.ca. You would need to process the order via customer service or a store. Should this change, we'll announce on our website. Stay tuned!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 5
Solution

Hey @snorlax141 

You are correct. At the moment, it is not possible to upgrade the tablet via fido.ca. You would need to process the order via customer service or a store. Should this change, we'll announce on our website. Stay tuned!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 5
Fido Employee snorlax141
Fido Employee

Thank you for the clear answer.  You might want to suggest to the web folks that the upgrade my device link for tablet accounts shouldn't take you to the phones section.  That's just confusing.  It should take you to tablets and wth a disclaimer to advise people that tablet upgrades are not available online and therefore are subject to the 30 dollar fee.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 5

Hey @snorlax141,

Thanks for taking the time to share the feedback with us! I'll make sure to forward it to the right people Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1

hi

i doubt you can avoid the upgrade fee, as i got the lg gpad III, with fido $ years ago, and i still have to pay for upgrade fee even through i had no tablet before hand.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 5