Can't use Hangouts

Can't use Hangouts

Can't use Hangouts

RJM1
I'm a Participant Level 2

Can't use Hangouts

I can't use my hangouts now.  Asking me to download a new version.  I do, and it wont, give me error msg RPC:S-7:aec-7 RERC-GTCB-16LZ-XZ694

4 REPLIES 4
KAPABLE-K
MVP

Are you talking about google hangouts? Try clearing the cach data for that app and see if it works.

***Edited title***

RJM1

how?

RJM1

I can't use my hangout.  I'm trying to download - getting error msg's.....that keep changing.  I've enable/disabled.  Ive cleaned up cache.....still can't use. 

@RJM1 wrote:

I can't use my hangout.  I'm trying to download - getting error msg's.....that keep changing.  I've enable/disabled.  Ive cleaned up cache.....still can't use. 

Hello RJM1,

Welcome to the forums!

Are you trying to update the app from Google Play? Had you previously installed Hangouts on the SD card (assuming your phone has one)? Recently, I noticed that all of my apps which I installed on the SD card fail to update. After moving the app back to the device, it would then be able to update. I could then transfer it back to the SD card. Tedious, but it works. I'm not sure if Google changed something in some update because I don't recall having to do this before.

If that is not applicable to you or did not work, have you tried to wipe the cache partition? I understand you cleared the app cache, but the cache partition would be for the whole phone. You should be able to Google how to wipe the cache partition for your particular phone.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers