Can't sign up for Fido Internet 60/10 promo. Told Fido backend computer not working with Photo ID.

Can't sign up for Fido Internet 60/10 promo. Told Fido backend computer not working with Photo ID.

Syn010
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hello,

I've been trying to sign up for the Fido 60/10 3 months free $60/month promo.

I've been in store waited with rep for 45min and told the system is not working. Even after rebooting. They even called a manager over the phone and he/she could not fix it either. I was told to keep calling Fido to see if their back end computer will be fixed.

Next day I tried phone and webchat to sign up both times, computer not working on Fido backend as cause.

The cause may be that I am using the Ontario photo card, and the rep told me the system is not accepting Provincial Photo ID card. Also had SIN and VISA card and gave reps those info too. I am also on prepaid phone.

Any Idea when the system will be functioning again?

I was also told on webchat that the promo has been extended to JAn 8 which gives me another week to hopefully get signed up.

thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
KAPABLE-K
MVP

That's strange I don't see why your ID should be a problem, hopefully a moderator here can help solve your issue.

Also never use or give out your SIN number to anyone other than your bank and employer, you do not need to give your SIN to get Internet.

Syn010
I'm a Participant Level 3

Rep wanted SIN due to no Drivers Lic.

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Hey @Syn010.

A photo ID is required whenever we access a customer's account in stores due to security reasons. We didn't get any notice of any I.D. issues with our systems. You can always call the store to get an update to see if the issue is fixed or not. Smiley