Can't send text messages but can receive.

I'm a Participant Level 3 Cruiser1
I'm a Participant Level 3

Can't send text messages but can receive.

On 2018 11 04 I got the additional line from my wife Fido contract. Recently I found why there is no one reply on my text, actually it never works, so I texted myself, to my wife and my friend......no text message sent. I did call the 611 asking for troubleshooting. I did restart my cellphone, check the fido text server +15149931123, reset the text setting, reset the network setting, your recomand to change the SIM card and re-activate, and I also try putting the SIM card to my wife cellphone( Unlock cellphone and it does send the text message with my wife FIDO SIM card) ...... all fail!!!! I guess it is not my cellphone problem, there is something worng with your service. Could you guys help me to find out the problem? thank you 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 13

Re: Can't send text messages but can receive.

Hey @Cruiser1

Welcome to the Community. 

Looks like you tried everything on your end. Sending you a PM to help!

Talk soon.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 13

update:

Reset my phone to Factory date .......fail

Reach the Roger support (NO. i1257270842) try everything he can and nothing changed.... no text send and receive text is ok like always.

next step? change the telecom contractor?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 13
MVP
MVP

Hello Cruiser1,

Welcome to the community!

@Cruiser1 wrote:...I also try putting the SIM card to my wife cellphone( Unlock cellphone and it does send the text message with my wife FIDO SIM card) ...... all fail!!!!...

Could you please explain what you mean by that statement? Did sending a text message from your wife's phone with your SIM work? Did you also try your wife's SIM in your phone? Did that work?

If sending a text message from your wife's phone with your SIM works, it suggests the issue might be with your phone. On the other hand, if sending a text message from your phone using your wife's SIM works, that suggests the issue might be with your SIM or a setting in your account.

What phone are you using? Does your phone have settings to automatically convert SMS to MMS? Have you tried with data enabled? MMS are not simply for pictures or video. Inclusion of a subject might also be converted to MMS.

Hope this helps :Smiley:

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 13

@Cruiser1 wrote:...I also try putting the SIM card to my wife cellphone( Unlock cellphone and it does send the text message with my wife FIDO SIM card) 

I mean I put the no text send SIM card to my wife cellphone which working well with the her FIDO number, and problem transfer.....  so not the cellphone issue I guess.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 13
MVP
MVP

Hello again,

Thank you for the additional information. That does seem to suggest the problem might be SIM or account related. Just to be sure, have you tried to use her SIM in your phone?

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 13

Thanks for the tips @Cawtau! We're going to look into it @Cruiser1 Smiley

Get back to our PM when you have a chance and we'll get to the bottom of this.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 13

Problem fiexd after i received the text from Fido ( it said service NO. 1-888-481-3436...) on 2018.11.12. I dont know what they did but it does work now. Thank you

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 13
Fido Employee dogabone
Fido Employee

I'm a fan of good news... And that's good news! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 13
I'm a Participant Level 1 umartariq
I'm a Participant Level 1

I am facing the same issue, can someone help me out, onlie support have given up on me, my cell number is XXX-XXX-XXXX

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 13
MVP
MVP

Hello Umartariq,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your text messaging. Just to verify, you are also able to receive text messages, but unable to send messages, correct? What phone are you using? Had you been able to send text messages in the past or have you never been able to send messages? Are you able to use other services, ie talk and data, without issue?

Have you tried to enable data? Standard SMS does not require data to be enabled; however, MMS does require enabled data. Some phones might automatically switch messages from SMS to MMS. Could this be a possibility?

Are you able to test your SIM in a different phone? Additionally, are you able to test a different SIM in your phone?

Have you verified that the SMS Message Centre number is correct? It should be: 514-993-1123.

Hope this helps :Smiley:

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 13

well~ try to reach the customer service 5-10 times (about 3 hours ) and they will find out the issue... that is my experience lol....do the stuff i did to save your time .....before you call them

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 13
I'm a Participant Level 1 simc
I'm a Participant Level 1

We just went through this on another carrier.  Some sent txt got caught in an error loop, and spam filters kicked in and shut his outgoing down, without ANY notifications to anyone. 

Took the supervisors and techs several days to figure it out, they had to learn how to hunt the msg down and evaporate it somehow.

If this is common, when such symptoms get reported, customer service should first check if your txts are blacklisted before making you reset your phone and all those other nuisances. They don't seem informed about this system protection 'feature.' 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 13