Can't receive code to cancel Spotify

SOLVED
jlawney
I'm a Participant Level 1

I recently cancelled my line and the service rep over the phone told me to go to fidohub to cancel Spotify premium. Little did I know, I needed to receive a code through text message which I can't anymore since I cancelled the line. How do I know if it's been cancelled? I don't want any surprise charges on my credit card.

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't receive code to cancel Spotify

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMaria

Hi @jlawney & welcome to the Community!

If you've been registered to Spotify Premium for more than 3 months, the subscription will end within the 24 hours following the cancelation. If it's been less than 3 months, it will automatically be downgraded to the free version 3 months after your registration.

Hope this helps. Smiley

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @jlawney & welcome to the Community!

If you've been registered to Spotify Premium for more than 3 months, the subscription will end within the 24 hours following the cancelation. If it's been less than 3 months, it will automatically be downgraded to the free version 3 months after your registration.

Hope this helps. Smiley

Nahidanari110
I'm a Participant Level 1

please cancel spotify on this number  ****

***Edited to remove personal info***

Hi @Nahidanari110 & welcome to the Community!

To cancel your subscription:

1. Go to fidohub.ca.

2. If you’re connected to the Fido network (not Wi-Fi), skip this step.

- If you are on Wi-Fi, you will see the screen shown to the right. Enter your phone number and click GET CODE.

- After you get the text message with your code, go back to fidohub.ca to enter the code and click SUBMIT.

- If fidohub.ca doesn’t recognize the code, turn off Wi-Fi and try again.

3. Log on to fidohub.ca and click CANCEL SPOTIFY SUBSCRIPTION.

4. Click YES, CANCEL SPOTIFY.

Let me know if you still need help.