Can't place/receive calls and messages go nowhere

CustomerTreated
I'm a Participant Level 2

Ever since signing the contract my phone is unreachable.
Calls go to voicemail, I am unable to make calls, messages go to nowhere instead of someones phone

People at 611 either hang up on me or tell me to do same things like master reset which Ive done countless times...
Nothing gets fixed time gets wasted, this is something I cannot afford.
Fido reseller that set me up with this fraud of a company even told me literally quote:"there is no way we'll replace your phone" after I was sent back there for replacement device by people at 611
This
Is
Unacceptable

5 REPLIES 5
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello CustomerTreated,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having troubles with the service. What phone do you have? Are you sure you're in an area with Fido/Rogers towers? You can get an idea of where the towers (and their bands/frequencies) are located here. Do you not have signal everywhere or is it only certain locations? Is outside better than inside? 

Does your phone work at the reseller's location? You might consider testing another SIM in your phone. You might also consider testing your SIM in another phone.

Cheers

*Edit: title

CustomerTreated
I'm a Participant Level 2

Tried 3 different phones [2 were provided by Fido] none works

2 different sim cards

countless master resets

countless 611 calls and signal resets on their end

NOTHING works

people cannot reach me neither can I

they will not replace my phone

611 people say there is nothing that can be done and they hang up on me!

Edit: title

@CustomerTreated wrote:

Tried 3 different phones [2 were provided by Fido] none works

2 different sim cards

countless master resets

countless 611 calls and signal resets on their end

NOTHING works

people cannot reach me neither can I

they will not replace my phone

611 people say there is nothing that can be done and they hang up on me!

Hello again,

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with customer service. However, from what you're telling us, it doesn't sound like replacing your phone will solve your problem. If the issue was with your phone, then we'd expect the other phones you tried to work...

If nothing is working, are you getting any signal at all? Again, are you sure you're in an area with Fido/Rogers cell towers? Have you tried to turn on roaming? If you are outside of Fido/Rogers coverage, but in the vincinity of some of the other Canadian networks, your phone might connect as Fido-EXT (extended coverage). 

What are your surroundings like? Even if you are in an area of cellular coverage, there are many factors which can impede those signals from reaching your phone. Unfortunately, that is just the nature of cellular phone service.

"While cell signal passes through the air with minimal trouble, every object it meets between the tower and your mobile device causes some degree of interference. Geographical elements, such as hills, mountains, and trees can cause major signal issues, as well as building materials, like metal siding, concrete, and wire mesh. Additionally, the increased use of energy efficient products, such as radiant barriers and window tinting, have contributed to the degree of cell phone reception problems in new homes." ~ taken from here.

Hope some of this helps Smiley

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP

Did you try putting your sim in a different phone and see if the problem is still there?

Hey @CustomerTreated and welcome to the Community.

That's not normal. You should be able to use your phone.

Let's take a look at your account to see why you can't use your service.

I'm sending you a  PM to get this looked into.

Talk to you soon Smiley