Can't make or receive any call

dong12c
I'm a Participant Level 3

Just got new number and SIM yesterday and waited over 12 hours. Still can't make a call since the signal bar is always zero. I'm in Windsor and using IPhone 6 plus.

10 REPLIES 10
SJ6
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

I have a phone about 2 to 3 months old. I can text and receive texts, but cannot make calls or receive calls. Fido support of course is not available over night or on weekends so I'm stuck not being able to use a phone to make phone calls. Great job Fido, good boy. I'm going to see if I can force my way out of my contract since Fido cannot uphold their end of the contract to provide the service I pay for. 

jlits
I'm Experienced Level 2

@SJ6 

What kind of phone is it and what software are you running? 

Hey @SJ6

Welcome to the Community! 

We would hate to see you go. Can you tell us what kind of error message you get when you try to make a call? How many signal bars do you see? 

Can you also confirm if you've had the chance to try turning the phone off and back on? 

KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hello @dong12c Where did you get the SIM card from? If customer service sent it to you then it might needs to be activated, you can login to your account and update the SIM card there.

Login to MY ACCOUNT then click on the number you want to change the SIM for and on the next page you will see Update SIM Card>.

dong12c

Hi Kapable-k,

Thx for ur quickly reply.

I can see the 'Fido' logo on my phone and I can use LTD data....Just can not make call or answer.

And whereever I go in Windsor, there is no signal....

By the way, I bought my SIM yesterday at Fido on Devonshire Mall in Windsor. And the stuff activated my account already.

@dong12c Try restarting the phone, I did also notice a few other members that had issues after changing numbers so Fido might need to do a network reset to see if it will fix the problem. 

Before you did the change were you experiencing any call issues?

dong12c

Tried restart many times....it didn't work.

I was using another phone number from my home country, and this is my first local number.

The Fido stuff told me to wait sveral hours Yesterday, but it still not ok Today...

Hi @dong12c,

Looks like you have done everything from your end to try to make it work. 

Let me go ahead and send you a PM.

Thanks. 

FidoPierre

Hey @dong12c

Welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing these kinds of issues. Did you get a chance to try a manual network search from your phone? 

Do you have this problem wherever you go in Windsor or only at certain specific addresses? 

dong12c

Hi Pierre,

Thx for ur quickly reply.

I can see the 'Fido' logo on my phone and I can use LTD data....Just can not make call or answer.

And whereever I go in Windsor, there is no signal....

By the way, I bought my SIM yesterday at Fido on Devonshire Mall in Windsor. And the stuff activated my account already.