Can't get through to Fido

PaulR
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hi,

I've been trying to get through to Fido for the past 3 days now, but can't seem to get through. I've been calling for an hour straight after work each of the past 3 days (5PM to 6PM Pacific time). Yesterday I did get through to someone, but they only spoke French (I didn't call a French line), and then they disconnected me. I tried contacting Fido via Facebook 24 hours ago, but no response either.

I'm looking to change my plan. There is a BYOP plan offered in my account, so I am wondering if I can combine it with the $10 off deal currently. I wanted to have the option to select the now-expired 10GB deal should the other plan not qualify for the promotion, but I haven't been able to get through to discuss things. Additionally, I cannot change my plan via self-serve (I get an error).

Will it be possible to speak with a Fido representative?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @PaulR!

Were you finally able to reach someone? Let me know.

PaulR

Hi Maria,

I just got through to someone.

They offered me nothing. They told me that the $45/month promotion is only for new customers. They also told me not getting through for 5 days won't help me get the 10GB/month plan, and that that's that.

They also did not refund the incorrectly charged interest on my account. My bills have been showing incorrectly, and I am not even receiving bill emails anymore.

I deactivated. I will not switch to Rogers, nor come back to Fido.

Additionally, my phone line is no longer working right now. I was told it would stop working at midnight. I would like to make sure I am not billed for today. I needed my phone line today.

If Fido would like to retain me as a customer, I'm shopping for a plan today, and will switch to a different provider tomorrow.

PaulR

Hi Maria,

I have not been able to reach anyone. 

• This is my 4th day calling Fido. I've been on the phone for 2 hours, and disconnected once so far. It is past 9PM EST (it's 6:30PM PST right now), but I'm still on hold. [edit]: 6:35PM I was disconnected.

• It is now 2 days since my attempt to contact a Fido rep via Facebook. I have received no replies. I have already filled out all forms and used the Facebook feature last month.

I cannot access any features in my account either. I just get "Oops!" errors from Fido. Even if I wanted to cancel my phone at this point, I cannot do that. I've wasted over 8 hours of the free time I have after work over the past days just attempting to be able to speak with anyone. To add insult to that, now I get an automated message each time I try calling *611 telling me that the promotion I was interested in is unavailable. This is very frustrating.

I would definitely appreciate if I could speak with someone, whether it be via forum, Facebook, or phone.

trustedprotege

I cant seem to contact anyone at fido either its like they dont exsist... how are we supposed to change or modify our plans to accomodate high levels of phone calls when no one answers I was dumb to sign up for a 2 year contract

myrajade
I'm a Participant Level 3

Me neither! I have spent a combined total of 2 hours on hold before hanging up with 611, and have had the Live Chat box open for 30 minutes now without any luck. I tried several times earlier this week and the call never even went to hold, it simply said they were experiencing problems. 

Can someone please PM me to resolve my issues?