Can't change my plan

Can't change my plan

Can't change my plan

nicoletyl
I'm a Participant Level 1

Can't change my plan

I've been trying to change to the $60 for 10GB plan since yesterday but I haven't been able to do so. There is not even a "Change my plan" option available on my account page. I went to the mall to try and change it there but they said I needed to call customer service. I tried contacting customer service through Facebook, Twitter and by calling to change it but still no response. What should I do to change it if I can't even get through to anyone??

14 REPLIES 14
roro4
I'm a Participant Level 1

I am having the exact same problem - I don't know what do do anymore..... 

Did it end up working out for you ?

Mysticone
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Trying to do the same thing here too. Not sure if i should choose the byod plan or the $85 as neither is showing as offering the bonus data.

And been on chat waiting for almost 3 hours

Hi @nicoletyl, @roro4, @Mysticone

Are you all logging into My Account on Fido.ca with your phone number as the username or your email address? Note if you don't have the accountholder status, the plan change option won't appear.

Let me know. 

nb709
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi Faiza...I was able to change plan to 10GB for $ 85 online as I'm an existing customer but this was due to the fact that I did not see option 10GB for $ 60 anywhere. Could you help me change to 10GB for $ 60, please? The site keeps crashing on me when I try to change plans, now. 

I truly appreciate your patiene and efforts through this mad rush. 

Thank you, kindly. 

N.

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

@nb709 wrote:

Hi Faiza...I was able to change plan to 10GB for $ 85 online as I'm an existing customer but this was due to the fact that I did not see option 10GB for $ 60 anywhere. Could you help me change to 10GB for $ 60, please? The site keeps crashing on me when I try to change plans, now. 

I truly appreciate your patiene and efforts through this mad rush. 

Thank you, kindly. 

N.

the 10GB for $60 is a BYOP so even if u were to find it to change ur plan, you would have to pay a PENALTY to end your term and move from a 2 year to a no term, sometimes the penalty makes it not worth it and can cost more compared to the extra money you will spend every monthif u were on the $85 plan

the 85 is for people in a contract and want to get a handset upgrade every 2 years, the $60 is for people who DONT WANT TO UPGRADE THEIR PHONE and will buy it outright which can be pricey for apple products, just think, the iphone X is $1500 out right.

nb709
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hey Paolo..thanks for the clarification. I believe I read and acted exactly as you said but a colleague of mine gave me a different story. Thank you for your help and time. N. 

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

no prob,.  im not changing my plan cus its important to me to get a discounted handset every 2 years. i can not afford to buy phones outright at the redculous price that apple sells the iphone X for, $1500 dollars, no friggin way i have a mortgage and bills and stuff no wayt im gonna dump that money on a phone

Mysticone
I'm a Contributor Level 1

@FidoFaiza

As i put. I was deciding which one to get giving my device is not byod. So i chose the $85 5gb (which should give the same 10gb by your promo description) but it's still only showing as 5gb on both lines.

Screenshot_20171217-151816.png

Screenshot_20171217-222246.jpg

Hey @Mysticone,

It will take 2-3 bill cycles for the 5GB bonus to be added.

ChapPoo
I'm a Participant Level 3

is the extra 5gb bonus permanent or only for 24 months?

Hey @ChapPoo, the 5GB bonus is permanent (it won't expire).  Smiley

ChapPoo
I'm a Participant Level 3

is there anyway i can get help with changing my plan?

i am trying to do it online but it says the information is not available...

@ChapPoo wrote:

is there anyway i can get help with changing my plan?

i am trying to do it online but it says the information is not available...

Hey @ChapPoo, I'll send you a PM to get started. Smiley

@ChapPoo wrote:

is the extra 5gb bonus permanent or only for 24 months?

It is permanent.