Can't change my address online

Lisa___
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi,

I keep trying to change my address online but the system keep giving me the message "Oops! We’ve hit a snag. Please check back later." I have been trying for days and still the same message. When I type in the new address, it does show up in the database but the system would now let me update it.

18 REPLIES 18
Frozen_
Fido Employee

I've been experiencing the same issue as well, I'm assuming it's part of the temporary issues going on with the revamp.

salix

I still have the exact same problem as well. I also tried to reigster my new credit card but it keeps telling me that it doesn't work. Is it just me or what? How come Fido hasn't fixed those problems yet?

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey Salix!

What happens when you try to register your credit card? What's the exact error message that you're getting?

Is your full name and address on your credit card account identical to that on your Fido account?

Keep us posted!

FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

Hey @Lisa___

Have you tried clearing up the cache and turning off ad blocker before updating the address?

Let me know how it goes!

f1d01
I'm a Participant Level 3

Actually, it can't be updated online. It always hits a "snag" no matter times you try again later even after ad blocker disabled and clearing cache. This is a major security issue when moving to a different home.

SLEETH

HOW DOES ONE CHANGE THERE BILLING ADDRESS FOR ONES ACCOUNT ON THIS NEW FIDO WEB SITE & WHERE IS THE LIVE CHAT PEOPLE? WHO ARE TO HELP YOU WHEN  YOU NEED IT????

***Edited to add labels***

kellarc20

It will not accept my address

Hey @kellarc20!

Welcome to the Community!

Did you just activated your line?

Hey SLEETH!

Welcome to the Community!

You can change your billing address when logged in to My Account by selecting the Profile tab and then clicking on the little pencil icon next to your billing address.

You can also reach Live Chat through the Contact Us page. 

Hope this helps! Smiley

habibzaza
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hello, I am facing the same problem, and I noticed that it is not a new problem with your website. I can't change my billing address from old address to new one. 

Please advise. 

Thanks, 

Habib

FidoPierre
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @habibzaza

Welcome to the community. 

Have you tried logging in from a different browser and trying to change the address from there?

If so are you getting a similar error message?

habibzaza
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hello @FidoPierre, I just tried it with FireFox and it worked out! Thanks. I was using Chrome earlier.

Thank you again,

Habib

f1d01

Actually, it can't be updated online. It always hits a "snag" no matter times you try again later. This is a major security issue when moving to a different home.

Hey @ftd01

Are you experiencing that issue right now?

aghusain

Hello,

Im trying to change my old address to a new one through my account online, I followed the steps and I changed it to the new address, but my information address hasn't changed, the old address is still there. Whats the solution?

***Edited to add labels***

Hi aghusain & welcome to the Community. Smiley

Did you get a confirmation that your address was changed?

It could sometimes take a couple of hours for the information to update on your account online. 

Did you ask for the change to be immediate, or did you select a future date?

Let me know!

f1d01

Actually, it can't be updated online. It always hits a "snag" no matter times you try again later. This is a major security issue when moving to a different home.

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @f1d01 , we replied to your other post right here