Can't access spotify premium

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Can't access spotify premium

I recently upgraded my iphone 5c to and iphone 6 on a 2-year pulse plan that included 6 months of spotify premium. I already have a spotify account but I have never had spotify premium, only spotify free. When I clicked the link to activate it everything went smoothly but when I opened spotify, it was still free, not premium. I closed the app and reopened, logged out and back in and still nothing. I tried to re-do it but it said I had already redeemed my spotify premium. I'm just not sure how I can access it?? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted

Re: Can't access spotify premium

Hey @ramonajuliette,

Welcome to the Community Smiley

Did you activate your Pulse plan before or after October 25, 2017? Did you get any error message at any time during the activation?

Also, are these the steps that you followed to to connect your existing free Spotify account to the Premium subscription:

1. From your phone, go to fidohub.ca

2. If you’re on Fido’s network rather than Wi-Fi, skip this step.

• If you are on Wi-Fi, enter your phone number and click GET CODE.
  • After you get a text message with your code, go back to fidohub.ca to enter the code and click SUBMIT.
  • If fidohub.ca doesn’t recognize the code, turn off Wi-Fi and try again.

3. Click LOG IN TO SPOTIFY to connect your existing Spotify account to Fido.

4. Login to your existing Spotify Premium account. Do this with your existing username and password or Facebook account.

5. Click OKAY to connect Fido to your Spotify account.

6. Close the Spotify browser tab. When you’re back on fidohub.ca, press Continue to complete the activation.

7. If you need to download the Spotify app again, click GET SPOTIFY APP. Your phone's app store will open.

Keep in mind these are the steps to follow if you activated your Pulse plan before October 25th 2017. If you activated after that date, then the code goes directly in the Spotify app. More info here.

Let us know and we'll take it from there.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted

I activated it last night. Originally I went to my account and clicked on the “get it now” link next to Spotify under my account. I followed the instructions and signed up for my 6 months of Spotify premium but whenever I opened the app it was still working as Spotify free. I went to the message boards to find help and followed the same instructions you just listed but it said I had already redeemed my 6 months of Spotify premium since I had activated it earlier. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted

Hey @ramonajuliette!

Did you activate your Pulse plan before or after October 25th 2017?

If it was after, then the code does not go on Fidohub, but on the Spotify app itself.

You can find detailed steps here

Let us know how it goes!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4