Can't access My Account on Fido.ca

SOLVED
fidojohn
I'm a Participant Level 1

I signed up for Fido almost 4 weeks ago. I haven't been able to register my phone number on Fido.ca because it always says there are technical issues. I've been calling all week to Fido Customer Service (611), and they've been giving me Group ID's to login with, and new passwords. They've probably reset my password over 10 times now. I still cannot get access to my account and it seems like all these representatives on the phone really have no idea what's going on. And all of them attempt to send me on my way after they realize they can't help me. I've even been lied to and told that they're working on it, and call back tomorrow.

I need to access my account. I can't view my bill, and cannot make changes, if I cannot access the account.

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't access My Account on Fido.ca

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMatt

Hi CamilleFrancis4, 

The fastest way to make payments online is through the My Account section of Fido.ca. You just need to log in and go to the Make a payment section. We will receive the payment immediately. 

Another way is to set up payment through online banking on your bank's website. Keep in mind that payments done through online banking can take up to 5 business days to reach us. 

Let me know if you need more information. 

*** Edit for typo ***

View solution in context
30 REPLIES 30
Alexis2
I'm a Participant Level 2

I have been having exactly the same issues over the last 5 weeks. I called the Fido store where I got the phone and they said there are website issues that won't be fixed for a week or two and lots of their customers can't get in to their accounts online

the support line either doesn't have the facts or isn't honest with customers and it is frustrating and a huge time waster

FidoPierre
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @Alexis2 

If you want to continue our private conversation we can take a closer look at this for you. 

buconero

Hi, since Fido upgraded their web site I have been unable to login to My Account from either Firefox or Chrome browser. I can get to the web site just fine, but when I click on My Account the login pop-up will not appear. I currently have to use IE on a separate computer to log in - that is the only machine out of 3 computers that will for some reason work with the Fido site.

I know it looks snazzy, but to use a pop-up for login is absolutely asinine, since most common browsers block pop-ups (and rightfully so). Also, most people no longer use IE

Furthermore, I'm using LastPass password manager and it does not work with the Fido Page - because of the scripting of your page, it does not recognize a login is happening.

From hundreds of accounts I'm regularly accessing, not a single one is using this awful style of login pop-up. A clear case of putting form over function. Shame on you, Fido

If you put out a new web site design people depend on to access their account, make sure the site isn't buggy and works with all browsers, before goinfg live.

Welcome to the community @buconero!  I moved your message since we already had a similar thread.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the website. You mentioned that it works on IE but not on Chrome. Could it be possible you're using a Adblock on Chrome and not on IE? Did you also try to delete the cookies and caches? 

markes77

I need my invoice.

FidoPierre
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @markes77

Are you having trouble logging into My Account or are you unable to view your invoices once you've logged in?

Let us know? Smiley 

Vincentlin

My log in failed repeatedly for viewing the bill composing of 3 lines by repeating log in of ******** or ********

**Edited to hide sensitive information**

Hi there Vincentlin

Do you usually use a Group ID to log in?

Can you try to register again? Instead of using your existing credentials.

Click on Log In --> Register Now, and fill out the information. 

You'll get an email to confirm with a link to register again.

You'll then be able to log into your profile. 

Let me know how that goes 😃

shallrich01

I have two phones on my account and I would like to see which phone has been using the most usage,$'s? I would like to see the phones usage also.

Hey shallrich01 and welcome to the Community Smiley

Our support team is aware of the situation with Fido.ca and are working to get this fixed ASAP.

Meanwhile, I can help you with your usage if you want.

I'm sending you a PM to get this looked into.

Talk to you soon.

FidoMatt
Former Moderator

Hi CamilleFrancis4, 

The fastest way to make payments online is through the My Account section of Fido.ca. You just need to log in and go to the Make a payment section. We will receive the payment immediately. 

Another way is to set up payment through online banking on your bank's website. Keep in mind that payments done through online banking can take up to 5 business days to reach us. 

Let me know if you need more information. 

*** Edit for typo ***

camillefrancis4

how can i pay my bill thru internet from home

FidoStephen
Community Manager

Hi fidojohn,

I'm sorry to hear about this. What troublleshooting steps have you taken so far? Does the same issue happen when using different browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari)? 

jeffbl
I'm a Participant Level 3

I have the exact same issue. I signed up two weeks ago and have not been able to log in even once. I've spent a great deal of time on the phone phone with customer service and visiting their shop trying to get it fixed. This is ridiculous. I came from Koodo, I am planning to just go back to them, since I can't see my bill or anything at fido.

How did you guys post on this Forum without signing into your account?

jeffbl

It does log me in, actually. I just can't see anything related to my account, since it always says there are technical issues. I haven't successfully seen anything useful in my account since I signed up almost 3 weeks ago.
jeffbl

Specifically, it says:

Sorry! Your request cannot be completed at this time due to a technical issue. We are currently working on a resolution and appreciate your patience. Please try again later.

And none of the links to my account information actually work. Extremely frustrating.

So you log in successfully, arrive at your Fido.ca homepage, but then no matter which link you select you receive an error message?

Are you sure this is for any link or specific links?  

Have you tried different browsers?  Also, are you sure you are registred as the account holder? Registered users (not the account holder) do not have access to all links

jeffbl

Any chance you can do something about this? It still is not working.

Yes I can try to put a rush on that case. Please PM me your ID info (PIN/password or DOB & Postal Code).

I'll reply to your PM should I have other questions for you