Can't Change my Alberta no to BC no. without losing loyalty plans

SOLVED
Shaman1
I'm a Participant Level 3

I have been trying to change my Alberta number to BC number since last one month but to no avail. I tried both customer service and tried changing online, but I couldn't.

Background: I have my fido no. since Aug 2013 and I was living in Edmonton, AB. In Oct 2016, I moved to BC. On Nov 20, I contacted Fido to change my number to BC and change my plan to 4GB - $40 BYOP plan. The customer services personnel told me that she will change my plan and I can change my number online. (as it will be free and I will not be charged $35, which is a wrong information as changing number because one changed province does not cost anything). I tried changing online but was given following error message "OH-OH! Some error occurred. Please try again later." I unsuccessfully tried several times. Then I tried calling Fido but all you agents we busy. I tried calling on Nov 21 and Nov 22nd, but your agents were busy.

Finally, I was able to speak to an agent on Wednesday, Nov 23rd. The agent told me that I will lose my current plans if I change my number to BC because I was on Alberta plan (4GB - $40). This is not my mistake. On Nov 20, I asked to change both my no. & plant to BC and this plan was available in BC at that time. Anyhow, she generated a case and asked me to all after 96Hrs. I called again on Nov 28th (or 29th), and after selecting the number, agent told me she was unable to change my no. and requested me to call back on Dec 15th (apparently to grandfather a plan and it can be done on certain Thursdays of a month, I don’t know what it is). I called on Dec 15th, guess what the agent told me that the systems are down. Now there goes my "Grandfather Thursday".

I understand the agent made a mistake on Nov 20th call, and you might have been in some transition on your systems. But pleeeeeeeeeeease, can someone change my phone number to BC number and I do not have to lose my 3 and 1/2 years of loyalty plans??

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't Change my Alberta no to BC no. without loosing loyalty plans

Solved by Former Moderator FidoChristina

Hey Shaman1!

If you have a province-specific plan, you will lose that plan if you switch your phone number to a different area code.

With that being said, I'd like to look into this a little further with you so i'll send you a PM.

In the future, you can reach out to us of Facebook or Twitter for account-specific requests Smiley

View solution in context
5 REPLIES 5
FidoChristina
Former Moderator

Hey Shaman1!

If you have a province-specific plan, you will lose that plan if you switch your phone number to a different area code.

With that being said, I'd like to look into this a little further with you so i'll send you a PM.

In the future, you can reach out to us of Facebook or Twitter for account-specific requests Smiley

Shaman1

But why was I give Alberta province specific plan when I was in BC and that plan was also available in BC. I asked to change both the no and plan!! 

Hi @Shaman1

Did you mean to send that to me as a reply to my last PM?

See you there!

Shaman1

Thanks @FidoChristina @FidoPierre @FidoClaudia. My issue is resolved. 

Shaman1

Ok See you on PM