Can new customers refer new customers?

SOLVED
ckadet
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hi guys,

Support is closed at the moment so I figured I'd try here.

I referrd my friend for the 3GB LTE plan:

registered.PNG

However, the BestBuy rep. signing my friend up yesterday said my account is not active and called him again to say that he couldn't use the code. I'm confused, because on the Fido site it says "Registered".

I signed up for my plan during last week and I am a new Fido customer.

Did it work or not? Of course, I will call Fido in the morning but maybe somone could chime in here.

Thanks in advance!

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Can new customers refer new customers?

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello Ckadet,

Welcome to the community!

@ckadet wrote:

Hi guys,

However, the BestBuy rep. signing my friend up yesterday said my account is not active and called him again to say that he couldn't use the code. I'm confused, because on the Fido site it says "Registered".

To be eligible for the program, the referrer must have been an active customer with a Fido postpaid or prepaid plan for 15 days. ~ taken from promotion Full details here.

If you signed up yourself just last week, your account wouldn't have been active longer than 15 days. You won't be eligible to refer anyone for another week or so.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Ckadet,

Welcome to the community!

@ckadet wrote:

Hi guys,

To be eligible for the program, the referrer must have been an active customer with a Fido postpaid or prepaid plan for 15 days. ~ taken from promotion Full details here.

If you signed up yourself just last week, your account wouldn't have been active longer than 15 days. You won't be eligible to refer anyone for another week or so.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

ckadet

Thanks for the reply.

From what I understand after contacting Fido support, nothing can be done now. My friend can't receive his referral credit and neither can I. The BestBuy employee used the code which now cannot be removed.

I was strongly considering switching to Fido for home Intenet but since nothing can be done for me in this situation, there's no question I'm staying with Rogers as they offered me a great retention plan. I understand that the activation code has to be applied on activation but it isn't very clear on the "Refer a friend" area that you must be a member for 15 days. It's hidden under a reveal menu. 

Hey @ckadet and welcome to the Community Smiley

Sorry to see that there was a confusion about that offer.

You can see all the details about it on our promo page here.

Next to the section saying ** It pays to be a good friend ** you can click on ** SEE FULL DETAILS ** and you will find all the conditions.

It would be great to keep you with us.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let us know Smiley

ckadet

You would think that Fido would be able to offer credit in a case like this, no? Even if it's just to my friend for the $25. I mean, I just got him to sign up...on contract...and there's apparently nothing that you guys can do. 

It also makes no sense that on the Fido site it shows "REGISTERED" if it didn't go through. I don't get that at all. 

I'm sorry to see this happened.

You should have been informed that the referral wouldn't work.

I would like to check your account with you to see what we can do.

I'm sending you a PM now, talk to you soon Smiley

ckadet

To be honest, it's not off to a good start.