Can I use my Fido Dollars to buy a phone case?

SOLVED
AKerman
I'm a Participant Level 2

They're expiring and I've been saving them up for my next renewal (December) but you guys are getting rid of them soon so they're just going to go to waste after years of being a client here. 

If I can't use them for this then what do I even use them for? Can I use them to pay my difference for when I most likely cancel here...

thanks,

Accepted Solution

Re: Can I use my Fido Dollars to buy a phone case?

Solved by MVP MVP

@AKerman Fido dollars can only be used towards hardware upgrades and travel packs.

You said your renewal will be in December so you will be able to keep your fido dollars as per Fido terms for getting rid of the Fido dollars.

"If, on April 6, 2016, you subscribe to a plan on a term agreement that earns FidoDOLLARS, you’ll no longer earn FidoDOLLARS as of the end of your current term. You’ll be able to redeem your accumulated FidoDOLLARS balance under the program until July 6, 2018."

Full details here.

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
KAPABLE-K
MVP

@AKerman Fido dollars can only be used towards hardware upgrades and travel packs.

You said your renewal will be in December so you will be able to keep your fido dollars as per Fido terms for getting rid of the Fido dollars.

"If, on April 6, 2016, you subscribe to a plan on a term agreement that earns FidoDOLLARS, you’ll no longer earn FidoDOLLARS as of the end of your current term. You’ll be able to redeem your accumulated FidoDOLLARS balance under the program until July 6, 2018."

Full details here.

AKerman
I'm a Participant Level 2

Ah okay.... because I was told in store that they were expiring this July and it was either use them or lose them. And if I had an issue to call Fido. 

I'm still probably gonna cancel due to other issues I've had recently but thanks so much for the quick answer Smiley

@AKerman As KAPABLE-K said, you'll have until July 6th 2018 to spend your FidoDOLLARS if you had an active agreement on April 6 2016. 

Is there anything we can help with? We don't want to see you go Smiley