Can I put my SIM card on a unlocked Galaxy Tab 10.1?

I'm a Participant Level 1 trembseb
I'm a Participant Level 1

Can I put my SIM card on a unlocked Galaxy Tab 10.1?

I can have the 4G Galaxy Tab 10.1 (from Bell), but wonder if I can buy it unlocked (no contract), and put my iPhone 3GS SIM card in it?

Would I need to purchase another SIM for my phone to continue to use it as a voice only device?

Or would it be just simpler to switch to a iPhone 4 (but I would have to wait until next year to be allowed to upgrade my device)

thanks

Seb

Accepted Solution

Re: Can I put my SIM card on a unlocked Galaxy Tab 10.1?

You can't buy it unlocked. However, if ever you do get it unlocked, then a Fido SIM card would work in the tablet. I've used a SIM card with a Blackberry data plan, a standard data plan and an internet stick data plan with my unlocked LG Optimus Pad and they all worked without incurring any extra fees.

However, you can't have your line on two devices at once. So if you use the SIM card from your iPhone, then you won't be able to receive calls or text messages during that period.

As for the iPhone 4, I'd recommend doing a little research on the different devices as there are many more interesting devices available with Fido (in my opinion) and if you decide to go with an iPhone 4, then you will have a MicroSIM, which means you would no longer have the possibility of putting your SIM card into another non-Apple device without an adapter.
View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1
Solution

Re: Can I put my SIM card on a unlocked Galaxy Tab 10.1?

You can't buy it unlocked. However, if ever you do get it unlocked, then a Fido SIM card would work in the tablet. I've used a SIM card with a Blackberry data plan, a standard data plan and an internet stick data plan with my unlocked LG Optimus Pad and they all worked without incurring any extra fees.

However, you can't have your line on two devices at once. So if you use the SIM card from your iPhone, then you won't be able to receive calls or text messages during that period.

As for the iPhone 4, I'd recommend doing a little research on the different devices as there are many more interesting devices available with Fido (in my opinion) and if you decide to go with an iPhone 4, then you will have a MicroSIM, which means you would no longer have the possibility of putting your SIM card into another non-Apple device without an adapter.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2