Can I get Fido to unlock my iPhone 4S while still in contract since 2010?

SOLVED
Maama890
I'm a Participant Level 1

I got iPhone 4S from Fido in 2010 and I still am a subscriber. It is of limited use now that it does not upgrade iOS beyond 7.1.2. I want to use it as a telephone only, when travelling in foreign lands as I can get a SIM card there for local use. Does Fido unlock my 4S free of charge? I heard that very soon Apple will stop supporting 4S too.

Accepted Solution

Re: Can I get Fido to unlock my iPhone 4S while still in contract since 2010?

Solved by Moderator

Hey @Maama890

We can unlock any Fido device for the cost of $50+tx. Unlocking a device may change the features on the phone and affect its performance on our network and other carrier’s network. Our devices are optimized for use on our network. (Ex: WiFi Calling, VoLTE)

Let us know if you'd like to proceed with the unlocking and I'll send you a PM so we can check out more details together. Smiley 

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
FidoPierre

Hey @Maama890

We can unlock any Fido device for the cost of $50+tx. Unlocking a device may change the features on the phone and affect its performance on our network and other carrier’s network. Our devices are optimized for use on our network. (Ex: WiFi Calling, VoLTE)

Let us know if you'd like to proceed with the unlocking and I'll send you a PM so we can check out more details together. Smiley