Can I disable FIDO ROAM feature on my PULSE PLAN before leaving Canada? Please advise-Thanks

I'm a Contributor Level 1 sv25
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Can I disable FIDO ROAM feature on my PULSE PLAN before leaving Canada? Please advise-Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: Can I disable FIDO ROAM feature on my PULSE PLAN before leaving Canada? Please advise-Thanks

Hello Sv25,

You can opt-out of Fido Roam. However, you should note that you won't be able to purchase any Travel Packs to destinations covered by Fido Roam. Your use would be on a pay-per-use basis. You can view the rates here.

As far as I am aware, you'll have to contact customer service to opt-out of the service. Alternatively, you might consider sending a PM to a moderator.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
MVP
MVP
Solution

Re: Can I disable FIDO ROAM feature on my PULSE PLAN before leaving Canada? Please advise-Thanks

Hello Sv25,

You can opt-out of Fido Roam. However, you should note that you won't be able to purchase any Travel Packs to destinations covered by Fido Roam. Your use would be on a pay-per-use basis. You can view the rates here.

As far as I am aware, you'll have to contact customer service to opt-out of the service. Alternatively, you might consider sending a PM to a moderator.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
I'm a Participant Level 1 eideliaseid
I'm a Participant Level 1

Re: Can I disable FIDO ROAM feature on my PULSE PLAN before leaving Canada?

I can't believe how bad Fido's portal and support site is! Lot's of JS errors, and back to the subject, no info on how to opt out of Fido Roam. there's a text code on how to opt in, but it's a one way street! I could only do it with customer service, but then it was opted in again! Even worse, if by mistake, you send one single text, you get charged $12 !!! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4

Re: Can I disable FIDO ROAM feature on my PULSE PLAN before leaving Canada?

Hey eideliaseid!

You can find everything you need to know about Fido Roam, including how to opt out, on our Fido Roam FAQ page here. Opting out of Fido Roam is currently something that can only be completed through customer service. If this is something you would like to do, you can reach out to a rep through one of our servicing channels found here, or, if you prefer, we can send you a PM instead.   

With regards to our site, you definitely shouldn't be experiencing so many errors! We're here to help! Could you provide us more details such as the exact error messages you're getting? What browser are you using? Have you experienced the same thing when accessing the site from another browser?

Let us know!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4