Can I change my 2 years plan with a new plan?

SOLVED
ovi57
I'm a Participant Level 1

I still have one year contract with fido, but I want to change the current plan. What I have to do?
Accepted Solution

Re: Can I change my 2 years plan with a new plan?

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMaria

Hi @ovi57 & welcome to the Community! 

Even if you still have an agreement, you can definitely switch plans. If you switch to a plan within the same category as you're in right now or above, no charges will apply. Should you choose to downgrade plan categories, charges may apply.

For info on how to change your plan online, you can go here. Smiley

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @ovi57 & welcome to the Community! 

Even if you still have an agreement, you can definitely switch plans. If you switch to a plan within the same category as you're in right now or above, no charges will apply. Should you choose to downgrade plan categories, charges may apply.

For info on how to change your plan online, you can go here. Smiley

KAPABLE-K
MVP

@ovi57 If the new plan falls in the same tier as your current plan you can switch plans at anytime by contacting customer service or a mod here can do it for you. If the new plan falls in a different tier then you will incur fees to do the switch which is could also be paying out the remainder of your existing contract. If the new plan is Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) plan then you will definitely have to pay out the remainder of your contract in order to switch to the new BYOP plan.