Calls from 1-844-277-6920

I'm a Participant Level 2 AHMAD3
I'm a Participant Level 2

Calls from 1-844-277-6920

Today i got a call from this number (+1 844 277 6920 ) and he said he's from FIDO and need to verify my account and he says my full name but i told him this is wrong number and ended the call immeditaly .

Accepted Solution

Re: Calls from 1-844-277-6920

Hello Ahmad3,

The number is from Fido's telemarketing team (see here and here). If you wish to remove yourself from the marketing list, you'll have to contact Fido's customer service, here. Alternatively, you can send a moderator a PM.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 28
MVP
MVP
Solution

Hello Ahmad3,

The number is from Fido's telemarketing team (see here and here). If you wish to remove yourself from the marketing list, you'll have to contact Fido's customer service, here. Alternatively, you can send a moderator a PM.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 28
I'm a Participant Level 1 Ivy66
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi,

Starting from Jan, I have been receiving sales pitch calls from 1-844-277-6920 claiming themselves on behalf of Fido. The sales person started talking about the products without first asking whether it was a good time (they just didn't care if you were in a meeting or during working hours), they kept talking even after you rejected them.  It is extremely annoying! They called me again and again even when I explicitly expressed that I have no interest. 

Besides the above story, I have received calls from 1-888-288-2106 credit operations (auto message) asked me to call back at this number about an important information of my account.  

I called real Fido and the CSR confirmed with me that these are scam calls. Fido management please fix these harassing calls because these calls really make me think of switching to another provider to protect my privacy. 

Thank you!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 28

Hey Ivy66!

Welcome to the Community!

I've moved your post to this thread since it's about calls from the same number. 

You can see from the solution above that the 1-844-277-6920 is the phone number for one of our outbound marketing teams, as well as how to get in touch with customer service if you would like to be removed from the marketing list. Let us know if you would prefer we send you a PM instead. 

I would also like to confirm that 1-888-288-2106 is also one of ours, not scam calls at all. That's the phone number for our Credit Operations team. If your account is past due, they will call you from that number. I would suggest giving them a call back, at the same number.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 28
I'm a Participant Level 1 shantih6985

What do they want?? They call and don't leave a message.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 28

Hey @shantih6985!

I just wanted to give you a heads up that I moved your post to this thread. 

You can find the info you're looking for above! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 28
I'm a Participant Level 1 GBird

It's a sister company of Fido, so they have all your info and call to try get you to pay for more 'deals' and 'promotions'.

They've called me about 5 times in the past week, and I finally answered, literally just had a woman talking AT me about my plan, my phone, had all my details, and wouldn't shut up reading off a script about data additions, Spotify plans, roaming plans etc etc.

For literally 5 minutes she just talked a load of rubbish and after having to interupt her multiple times to tell her I know what my plan is, I do not want any additions or changes to my plan, and I'm not interested and I'm at work right now; SHE KEPT GOING.

So I hungup.

Kinda pissed Fido give them all our info and add us to a call list as soon as we sign up for a plan with them. Literally been on Fido for two weeks and this stuff is happening....

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 28

Hey @GBird

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear about your experience. This is definitely not how we want you to feel. Have you had the chance to check out the solution posted above?

If so, did it work?

Let us know.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 28
I'm a Participant Level 1 Susangt

I don't like getting calls from this number, I have had 3 calls today and how do I stop them from calling.  I like the plan I'm on and I want the calls stopped!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 28

Hey Susangt!

Your post was moved to this thread because it's related to the same subject. 

You can find out how to be removed from our marketing list above.

If you prefer, we can send you a PM here instead. Let us know!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 28