Calls from 1-844-277-6920

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2
I'm a Participant Level 2

Calls from 1-844-277-6920

Today i got a call from this number (+1 844 277 6920 ) and he said he's from FIDO and need to verify my account and he says my full name but i told him this is wrong number and ended the call immeditaly .

Accepted Solution

Re: Calls from 1-844-277-6920

Hello Ahmad3,

The number is from Fido's telemarketing team (see here and here). If you wish to remove yourself from the marketing list, you'll have to contact Fido's customer service, here. Alternatively, you can send a moderator a PM.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 28
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

I keep getting 2-3 calls a week from 1-844-277-6920 claiming to be Fido. I've asked them to stop and told them multiple times that I cancelled my Fido contract 6 months ago so I don't need anymore calls from Fido telemarketers. How do I get them to stop?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 28
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey naficeh!

I moved your post to this thread. 

You can find what you need in the sotution above. 

If you prefer we send you a PM instead, let us know!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 28
Highlighted

I am asking about calls from this 844-277-6920, would you know this number? They called everyday for the last 2 weeks in a row I didn't pick up because I was busy but I happened to pick it up today. Some guy answered saying he was from IOS Solutions stating that I am eligible for some offer for 1GB of data and free texting and calling for $55.00 a month, but my plan is a better plan at 85.00 a month with the same thing plus 10GB of data. Then he asked me if any family members had cell phones or if I had a wireless home phone under Fido, I told him I was happy with my current plan and hung up. Is this a scam call or is it legit? I enjoy my services with Fido, but to me this call seemed a little fishy. So please get back to me on this.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 28
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @Rex3456 and welcome to the community!

This call was indeed made from one of our outbound teams, it seems you were targeted for some special plan offer and they were eager to let you know. Smiley

Glad to hear you are satisfied with your current Fido services.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 28
Highlighted

I got call from 18442776920

and she offered me a very good deal that I accepted and she took every information including CC info and was told that I will receive email within 24-48 hours , but got nothing . Was that a fraud call , I am worried now

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 28
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @KMittal. Welcome to the community. 

No worries, we'll look into this with you. It's indeed one of our numbers. 

We'll be sending you a PM shortly to double check.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 28
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3

I've searched and cannot find any way to add myself to a do not call list for fido or remove myself. all i see is mods PM'ing peoiple to have them removed, so it looks like the only way to fdo this is to make a forum post, you need a more customer friendly way.... I get called 2x a day, during work, and it's driving me nuts... please stop!! Annoying cutsomers is not a good sales tactic... if we want something wer'll let you know, intil then -lease leave us alone!! please remove me form your call list ASAP. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 28
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey pedalninja! 

I've moved your post to this thread since it's related to the same subject. 

This is definitely not how we would want any of our customers to feel but we absolutely get where it's coming from. 

You're not wrong here. This is one of the things that can only be completed with the help of a customer service rep.

You can find everything you need to get in contact with customer service in the solution above, but, we can also send you a PM here if that's what you prefer. 

Let us know. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 18 of 28
Highlighted

Please PM me, they have called 2x already today, it's driving me nuts... 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 19 of 28
Highlighted

They are up to 3 calls today, incredibly persistent and this is harassment level... please make it stop... 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 20 of 28