Calls from 1-844-277-6920

I'm a Participant Level 2 AHMAD3
I'm a Participant Level 2

Calls from 1-844-277-6920

Today i got a call from this number (+1 844 277 6920 ) and he said he's from FIDO and need to verify my account and he says my full name but i told him this is wrong number and ended the call immeditaly .

Accepted Solution

Re: Calls from 1-844-277-6920

Hello Ahmad3,

The number is from Fido's telemarketing team (see here and here). If you wish to remove yourself from the marketing list, you'll have to contact Fido's customer service, here. Alternatively, you can send a moderator a PM.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 28
Highlighted

Hi @KMittal. Welcome to the community. 

No worries, we'll look into this with you. It's indeed one of our numbers. 

We'll be sending you a PM shortly to double check.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 28
I'm a Participant Level 3 pedalninja
I'm a Participant Level 3

I've searched and cannot find any way to add myself to a do not call list for fido or remove myself. all i see is mods PM'ing peoiple to have them removed, so it looks like the only way to fdo this is to make a forum post, you need a more customer friendly way.... I get called 2x a day, during work, and it's driving me nuts... please stop!! Annoying cutsomers is not a good sales tactic... if we want something wer'll let you know, intil then -lease leave us alone!! please remove me form your call list ASAP. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 28

Hey pedalninja! 

I've moved your post to this thread since it's related to the same subject. 

This is definitely not how we would want any of our customers to feel but we absolutely get where it's coming from. 

You're not wrong here. This is one of the things that can only be completed with the help of a customer service rep.

You can find everything you need to get in contact with customer service in the solution above, but, we can also send you a PM here if that's what you prefer. 

Let us know. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 18 of 28

Please PM me, they have called 2x already today, it's driving me nuts... 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 19 of 28

They are up to 3 calls today, incredibly persistent and this is harassment level... please make it stop... 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 20 of 28

Hey @pedalninja

I'll send you a PM so that we can take a look at this with you.

Talk to you soon!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 21 of 28
I'm a Participant Level 2 hartej22

call me back 1-844-277-6920

Hi 

Can i get call back from the telemarketing team as i am planning to move back to fido . 

Harmindar Singh 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 22 of 28
I'm a Participant Level 2 andmwoo

So this is all a little odd. My partner and I both get these calls DAILY. When I called customer service to see about getting me removed from the list the told me that this 844 number does NOT belong to fido and there were no records of calls being made to me by thair sales team....

Is someone spoofing Fido's number or am I just listening to too many true crime podcasts?

A

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 23 of 28

Hey @andmwoo

Not too sure about the podcasts( any good ones you'd recommend?) ... but  I can confirm this is one of our numbers Smiley .

Do you still need help with getting removed from the marketing list?

Let us know Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 24 of 28
I'm a Participant Level 2 andmwoo

Hey Ranya,

Crazy - I call customer support and they say it is not. But they did remove me from the telemarketing list just in case. I've not gotten the call today so maybe it's solved?

Podcasts: Darknet Diaries is great for techies. I also like ReplyAll (but they aren't true crime, just techie stuff like this gets discussed).

Have a nice day and thanks for your response.

-A

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 25 of 28

Very odd, keep us posted @andmwoo

And thanks for the recommendations, I'll definitely give it a try. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 26 of 28
MVP
MVP

Hello Andmwoo,

Welcome to the community!

@andmwoo wrote:..Is someone spoofing Fido's number. ..

I understand the phone number is from Fido's Telemarketing team. However, with the recent abundance of SPAM and SCAM calls (and fraud), I think it's now dangerous to blindly say the calls are from Fido. Spammers and scammers can spoof any number or caller ID (ie Police; see here). It wouldn't be difficult to search online for the numbers used by the various telemarketing teams. Even the RCMP are not immune to being spoofed (see here). 

Perhaps the calls you received were from Fido's Telemarketing team and having your number added to their internal Do Not Call list will prevent future calls. However, I don't think it's unreasonable to not trust the number anymore. I understand the telemarketing team have a job to do and these comments might make their job more difficult. I think they need to find a better way to reach customers -- a way in which customers can trust it's actually them.

That said, it's hopeful to note that the CRTC is trying to implement measures to certify and authenticate caller ID (see here and here).

Hope this helps :Smiley:

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 27 of 28
I'm a Participant Level 1 Snickers010272
I'm a Participant Level 1

I've been recieving calls from this number as well, they've called me at 9pm on a saturday night before. Only it is NOT the Fido marketing team. It is definitly a fraud!!

The woman on the line told me she was from the IRS on behalf of Fido. First off; I am from and live in Canada, no IRS here there bud. And second; we owe NOTHING on our bill etc so there would be no reason for them to call anyway.

I did call Fido immediatly to ask to be taken off the telemarketing list (I am already on the National Do Not Call list), and she stated there were no notes on my account that Fido had contacted me. She also said it was most definitly a scam. The problem is they are using the marketing number in hopes ppl will answer.

If I am contacted again by them I will be contacting the authorities. Just wanted everyone to watch out, as 9 times outta 10 its a scam.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 28 of 28