Calling a US number while in Europe, using a Travel Pack

SOLVED
diddlydee
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hello! Does 500 MB include roaming while in Europe?

(my husband paid $60 with Bell and was never charged separately for roaming charges as it was included in his package with his 200MB). I'm trying to figure out why I paid an $10 x 5 days for roaming charges when I got the $95 package? I spent over 1hr on the phone today with a young girl who couldn't understand what I was asking. 

I received this text:

"EN: You're all set, you've added the Europe Talk, Text & Data Travel Pack with 200 mins, unltd texts & 500 MB. If you go over what's included, add'l usage is charged at $0.75/min and $20 for 20MB. This Pack is valid for 31 days (including the date of purchase)."

Does roaming come with the 500MB??? 

***edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Travel Pack

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello Diddlydee,

Welcome to the community!

Do you have a Pulse plan? It looks like you're getting charged as Fido Roam ($10/day). Travel packs are not available for Pulse plans. The only option to travel with a Pulse plan is to use Fido Roam -- minutes, text, and data taken from your plan. If you do have a Pulse plan, I'm not sure why you were able to purchase a travel package though. If you send a moderator a PM, or contact Fido via Facebook or Twitter, or contact Fido customer service, they'll be able to access your account information and provide you with more information.

**edit** Yes, if you purchase a travel package (and do not have a Pulse plan) then roaming would be included as part of the package**

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Diddlydee,

Welcome to the community!

Do you have a Pulse plan? It looks like you're getting charged as Fido Roam ($10/day). Travel packs are not available for Pulse plans. The only option to travel with a Pulse plan is to use Fido Roam -- minutes, text, and data taken from your plan. If you do have a Pulse plan, I'm not sure why you were able to purchase a travel package though. If you send a moderator a PM, or contact Fido via Facebook or Twitter, or contact Fido customer service, they'll be able to access your account information and provide you with more information.

**edit** Yes, if you purchase a travel package (and do not have a Pulse plan) then roaming would be included as part of the package**

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @diddlydee! Smiley

As always @Cawtau is right. Tongue

You shouldn't be able to get a travel if you have a Pulse plan since they're not compatible. I'll send you a PM so we can check things out. 

@FidoTerry wrote:

As always @Cawtau is right. Tongue

Ha! Thanks for the shout-out!

Though, I'm not sure about the always... I've been known to make the occasional blunder Tongue

Cheers