Calling a Canadian number that is currently not in Canada

SOLVED
Sozerv
I'm a Participant Level 2

So I called a friend to his Canadian number the other day and he told me that he was in the Netherlands for vacations. Even though we talked for a bit we hung up due to long distance charges. I know that there were some long distance charges for both of us (probably most for him) but my question is what happens in that case if I have a value pack along with my plan. Am I getting charged like calling someone in the Netherlands ($0.01/ minute) or the rate is under a different policy? 

Accepted Solution

Re: Calling a Canadian number that is currently not in Canada

Solved by Former Moderator FidoAmanda

Hey Sozerv!

Welcome to the Community!

Unless calling your friend is normally a long distance call for you when he is in Canada then you have nothing to worry about. Smiley You're not charged anything extra for calling him because he is in the Netherlands, you have no control over where he is when you call him.

If, when you call him normally, it's a local call, then it will still be considered a local call. 

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey Sozerv!

Welcome to the Community!

Unless calling your friend is normally a long distance call for you when he is in Canada then you have nothing to worry about. Smiley You're not charged anything extra for calling him because he is in the Netherlands, you have no control over where he is when you call him.

If, when you call him normally, it's a local call, then it will still be considered a local call. 

Hope this helps!

Sozerv
I'm a Participant Level 2

I see. So in that case I won't get charged for calling him from Canada since I have unlimited canada-wide minutes, right?

You got it @Sozerv !