Call display

Call display

Call display

Vkdej
I'm a Participant Level 2

Call display

Hi all:

I have quebec cell number and moved to ontario recently for my job. My plan is plus 20 that is 67,50$ and has long distance. I've had an issue that everytime I call someone in ontario, my number is not displayed on their phones. It shows "unknown". Does it normally happen when I'm in ontario with qc area code and call someone who has ontario cell numbers? Please help me to figure out what the problem is. Thank you.

***Edited to add labels***

5 REPLIES 5
FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey Vkdej!

Welcome to our Community! 

Is this happening with everyone you call or does this only happen when you call Ontario numbers? 

Does the same thing happen when you place your SIM Car din another phone and place a call?

Let us know! 

Vkdej

Hey Amanda! Thanks for your reply.

So, this happens when I am in ON and calling someone who is in ON or any other different provinces. However, when I'm in QC and and making a phone call to anyone in any provinces, I have no issue (my number is showing to them). I've never tried placing my sim card another phone though. 

Thank you.

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

@Vkdej Thanks for the info. Smiley

What's the model of the phone that you're using? Could it be possible that your number was accidentally blocked in your phone settings?

Vkdej

Hey Maria! Thank you for your reply. It's iPhone 6S, got it upgraded this January. Yes it could as the associate at the Fido retailer said. I was wondering this can only be fixed by calling 611 customer service centre.

In an iPhone, you can find the option under "settings" - "phone" - "show my caller ID".

Check that out and let us know if that solves it!