Call Termination on ZERO Balance

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

FLOR
I'm a Participant Level 2

FIDO (prepaid) simply terminates an ongoing call when the remaining balance (during that call) drops to zero.

While technically and legally defensible, this is lousy customer relations work! FIDO should - at the very least - send a distinctive beep as a reminder but then allow another two or three minutes for the customer to complete the call.

3 REPLIES 3
FidoSamantha
Former Moderator

Hey FLOR! 

I can definitely understand the inconvenience but a Prepaid balance can't be negative. If you'd like, you can always switch to a monthly services Smiley

You also have the option of taking a prepaid monthly plan. Of course, if your balance is less than $1, you won't be able to use your plan and the line would cut off if you go over your minutes but the balance isn't high enough to cover your over usage.

You can take a look at all our postpaid plans right here and our prepaid monthly plans here

Hope this helps! 

FLOR
I'm a Participant Level 2

Not at all helpful.  I am well aware of all FIDO  plans.

The point is: FIDO is inconsiderate when cutting calls in mid-sentence - for whatever reason.

Good customer service wouyld suggest a "warning beep" folowed by another 30 (?) seconds talk time to complete the call.

Maybe FIDO is not interested in prepaid customers any more - even though they probnably are among the most profitable?

FidoMatt
Former Moderator

thank you for your suggestions, I'll make sure to share it with the concerned party. 

*** edited typo ***