Call Display vs Name Display

Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

Call Display vs Name Display

Is the a cheaper alternative to Call Display with Name Display that only does number display? I have most of the people that call me in my address book so if their number comes up, their name will too. So if I can save a little by dropping Name display, that would he great.

Accepted Solution

Re: Call Display vs Name Display

Ummm Does your plan have call display included ? and are you charged 2$ extra on your bill ?

If so Yes.

If you have Call display with name display and pay 7$ for this option then no.. .. ..

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1

Name Display is only functional when you have call display added in the account.

We launched "Name Display" because some plans just have call display included you can always add name display for $2 more.

If you have the contact in you adress book and just take name display the call will still show up as "Unkown"

I am a Fido employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Fido or its affiliates.

Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Fido mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue de Fido ou d’une société de son groupe.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

But, if I have Call Display with Name display, can I drop the name display and save $2?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1
Solution

Ummm Does your plan have call display included ? and are you charged 2$ extra on your bill ?

If so Yes.

If you have Call display with name display and pay 7$ for this option then no.. .. ..

I am a Fido employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Fido or its affiliates.

Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Fido mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue de Fido ou d’une société de son groupe.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

I have a Call Display (with Name Display) add on. That is why I was wondering if there was another call display add-on that was cheaper that did not have name display.

Thanks

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello everyone,

As JasonB mentioned, you would not be able to save money by removing name display.

However, for the same price, you will be able to have call display by itself.

Because there is no difference in the price, I would still suggest to keep the option as it currently is in your account, unless your phone would not be compatible with name display.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 6