CUSTOMER SERVICE - NOT ANSWERING?

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

CUSTOMER SERVICE - NOT ANSWERING?

I have called (and recorded) 8 attempts to call Fido's 611 customer service line.

It says they are open until 9pm EST which is 6pm PST. I have beentrying to call since 5pm.

Each calls gets either:

No ANSWER at all (dead air) 

OR

They say "Sorry but we can't take your call right now"  

Then they just hang UP.

I have been holding onilne for their "Chat" but they  seem to be taking a very long time....I thought it would be a good alternative to the call.

I need a REAL person to answer my questions. I have been a customer for over 15 years and never has this happened before (no answer at all at their customer service center?) 

Anyone else having this problem?

Accepted Solution

Re: CUSTOMER SERVICE - NOT ANSWERING?

Hi everyone!

So sorry that we couldn't get back to you sooner. Just to set your expectations, we've been really popular this week so delays between replies have been longer than usual. Don't worry though, we'll definitely be able to help you out. Smiley

If any of you still need help, let me know and I'll send you a PM! Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 19
Highlighted

I tried calling customer service all day yesterday and couldn't get through. I also went to a fido store waited in line for 1 hour and they said they couldn't change the plan for me and to call in. I hope fido will honor the $40 promo plan still. Can someone PM me please? Thanks

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 19
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hi Maria can you PM me?
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 19
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi everyone:

I got the same problem yesterday, I called a few times, get disconnected, and went to the store, they said all sim cards were sold.

I was so disappointed, can anyone help me for the $40 4GB plan please?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 19
Highlighted

I have also not been able to get through for days. "Due to circumstances out side of our control we cannot take your call.." or somthing like that.

Saturday I got through to hold the line but was dropped about 15min in. Yesturday I managed to get a Call back option that was suppost to call me back in 1.5 to 2hrs....5 to 6hrs later they called back, 3 times in 5 minute intervals but the line was dead and dropped the call each time.

Seriously, What are these curcumstances that are outside of your control? The awnser better be good or you loose a customer. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 19
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi again everyone!

This plan was offered for a limited time and is no longer available. Rest assured that we often have special offers, so keep an eye out for anything that may come in the future.

In the meantime, if anyone wants to look into their other plan options, let me know. I'll be more than happy to go over them with you. Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 19
Highlighted

So what was  "Due to circumstances outside of our control we cannot take your call.."?  Did the call center burn down? Did all employees suddenly come down with some unnamed illness?

If this is because you offered a $40 super cheap plan and your call center got swamped, This is not "outside of your control"!!! I would consider that well within your control or even directly a cause of fido's actions. 

I should add, 611 is not some contest hotline where the first 10 callers win a trip to cuba. It is your customer service line! I am a customer who has been with Fido since the begining, I don't even want to calculate how much I've paid over the years. This will end if you do not honor your offered plan!!!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 19
Highlighted
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello,

I doubt many people appreciate the irony of the situation... The issues started when Fido offered a promotional plan to customers in BC/AB in response to Public Mobile's plan. Public Mobile's whole schtick is no-frills SIM-only service. They have NO customer service!

But yes, this is Fido, and Fido does have customer service...

Bmath wrote: 

If this is because you offered a $40 super cheap plan and your call center got swamped, This is not "outside of your control"!!! I would consider that well within your control or even directly a cause of fido's actions. 

... This will end if you do not honor your offered plan!!!  

What do you mean it's not outside their control? No one can control the number of people trying to call in to customer service (or contact via social media and the community). It may have been a direct consequence of the promotion, but to think they can control how many people call in is a little unreasonable. Even the 911 call centres can get overwhelmed when there's a disaster. Fido did their best to accommodate as many customers as they could.

How different is it from a Big Box store -- say Best Buy -- holding a 50% off everything promotion? The queues would be unimaginable! The wait times to get in would be horrendous and there's a chance people might not even make it in the building. Do people expect Best Buy to honour the promotion after the fact because they waited in line but couldn't get in because the queue was too long??

I'm sure there'll be people who disagree with me, but it's food for thought...

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 19
Highlighted

If Fido is listening to there long time customers, I too tried talking to a rep and still they would not offer me the $40 plan even when I told them their office closed well before midnight.

I just unlocked my phone and will be heading over to  Freedom - WindMobile later this evening.  

If Fido wants to keep me, they know how to contact me before I leave the office and head over to the Freedom store.

Freedom has a simular plan but it accross Canada and the US. It looks like they are giving you 3 extra GB for the first 3 months and the regular 3GB per month. Still pretty good plus the unlimited calling to Canada and the US

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 18 of 19
Highlighted
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Bcfido,

Yes, Freedom (aka Wind) has started to roll out their LTE network. You should note, however, to be able to access their LTE network, you will likely have to get a new phone. Their LTE network apparently uses the new AWS-3 bands. While the frequencies are also 1700/2100 MHz, they use a different portion of that spectrum. Accordingly, they also have a different band number, 66.

Since the spectrum is so new, I suspect many phones will not have the compatible bands/frequencies to be able to make use of the LTE network. I'm sure Freedom will have some phones specifically made to make use of their network, however, it may be a little while yet. 

**edit** Additionally, depending on your phone, it may or may not have the compatible band/frequencies for 3G either**

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 19 of 19