CANNOT ACCESS SPOTIFY PREMIUM

SOLVED
labell
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi there! I have recently purchased a Fido Pulse Plan on November 15, 2017. 

I have not not been able to access the “link” that is supposed to re-direct you to create a new spotify account that i see mentioned in the basic instructions given by Fido. 

I have sent myself multiple codes using the Fido Hub website, entered the code, and the screenshot i’ve attached is all the comes up. 

I have then went to the log in link and expected to see a spotify link as instructed under My Account, but there is nothing regarding a link to create a spotify account! 

Am I missing something here? I have done this multiple times without wifi and still nothing. I have never signed up for spotify before and can’t understand why I’m having so much trouble with this. 

Thanks in advance! 

5D411A8B-CAC4-468E-80C1-202F645E7D8B.png

Accepted Solution

Re: CANNOT ACCESS SPOTIFY PREMIUM

Solved by Moderator

Hey @labell!

As of October 25th 2017, all new Pulse plan subscribers no longer use the Fidohub method to activate their Spotify subscription. Everything is done directly through Spotify!

You should have received a code within 48 hours after getting your Pulse plan. This code goes in the Spotify app/website during registration in order to get the 6 months free Smiley 

If you did not get the code, you can sign up via your Fido.ca account. Here's how:

1. Head over to Fido.ca and log into your account

2. From the main page, click the phone number for which you’d like to view additional information.

3. In the bottom right corner, click Get it Now in the MANAGE MY SERVICES section. The MY SPOTIFY ACCESS window will open.

4. Click on Redeem Now. Spotify’s website will open.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to sign up for a Spotify Premium subscription and activate the offer.

I hope this helps out! Let us know! Very_Happy

View solution in context
76 REPLIES 76
hibrianhi

I am also having a same issue. It just goes on a same loop over and over like gentle/lady above me.

Hey @hibrianhi

Welcome to the Community!

When did you sign up for the plan? Keep in mind that Spotify is no longer offered with our plans since July 31st, 2018. 

It appears as though you've tried all the steps mentioned above as well.

I'll send you a PM soon.

randimurphy0817

Same issue here also! Just keep getting an error

{"error":"server_error","error_description":"Unexpected status: 404"}
tr26
I'm a Participant Level 2

I get the same error message as randimurphy0817

{"error":"server_error","error_description":"Unexpected status: 404"}

has this been fixed??

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @tr26

When did you start your subscription with us?

Spotify Premium is no longer offered as part of our plans, depending on when you registered you could still be eligible for the promo. 

Let us know!

Melodia
I'm a Participant Level 3

I subscribed in March 2018, never received the code because when I switched carriers Fido gave me a temporary phone number until my original number was released and then they sent the code to my temporary number and not my imported phone number..I didn't recieve it.

I was given the fido hub link, I enter my my cell number, I receive a texted code, enter it and then the webpage accepts it and tells me to redeem my 6 months of Spotify at myAccount on the fido website...but the link doesn't exist. 

This is on Fido's website: 

If you’re a Fido PulseTM plan customer who’s activated your plan between October 25 2017 to July 30 2018 never subscribed to Spotify Premium before, you’re eligible to enjoy the first 6 months of a Spotify Premium subscription for free. Offer must be redeemed within one year.

Follow the activation steps below to subscribe to Spotify Premium and activate your free 6 months:

Within 48 hours of activating your Fido Pulse plan you’ll get a text message from us welcoming you to enjoy 6 months of free access to Spotify Premium. The link in the welcome message contains an embedded Spotify promo code:

1. Tap on the link to go to the Spotify website where you can redeem your code and activate your Spotify Premium account.
  2. If necessary, sign up for a Spotify account, or sign in to an existing account.
  3. Your 6 months of free Spotify Premium access begins once you’ve successfully completed the activation steps.

Keep in mind, as part of activating your 6 months of free access to Spotify Premium, you’ll be asked to register a payment method.

If you signed up for a Fido Pulse plan and within 48 hours you didn’t receive a text link from us for 6 months of free Spotify Premium, or in case you accidentally deleted that message, you can get a copy of the link any time in My Account on Fido.ca.

tr26

Yes, I heard about that.

I got it earlier this year. I received the text message with the code but I did not redeem it. I wanted to now before its over.

When I click the link I got from Fido, it takes me to Spotify website and when I click on get premium, it just comes back with the error message. 

What should I do?

Spotify online help center did not help. 

thanks. 

Hey @tr26

If you received the offer between October 25, 2017 and July 30, 2018, you can still redeem your promo code for your first six months free of a Spotify Premium subscription until July 31, 2019, as long as you are a first time Spotify Premium subscriber.

Since you mentioned that you received it between March and April, you should be good to go.

Let's take a look at your account to see what's going on. I'm sending you a PM to get this looked into.

Talk to you soon.

Melodia

I am having the exact same issue. I signed up in March 2018

@FidoKenny wrote:

Hey @tr26

If you received the offer between October 25, 2017 and July 30, 2018, you can still redeem your promo code for your first six months free of a Spotify Premium subscription until July 31, 2019, as long as you are a first time Spotify Premium subscriber.

Since you mentioned that you received it between March and April, you should be good to go.

Let's take a look at your account to see what's going on. I'm sending you a PM to get this looked into.

Talk to you soon.

@FidoKenny wrote:

Hey @tr26

Talk to you soon.

Hey @Melodia!

If you first took a Pulse plan in March 2018 and you lost the code then you can register via Fido.ca - The FidoHub method is no longer used as that was for subscriptions prior to October 2017. 

Here's how:

1. Go to fido.ca/MyAccount.

2. Log into your account.

3. From the main page, click the phone number for which you’d like to view additional information.

4. In the bottom right corner, click Get it Now in the MANAGE MY SERVICES section. The MY SPOTIFY ACCESS window will open.

4. Click on Redeem Now. Spotify’s website will open.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to sign up for a Spotify Premium subscription and activate the offer.

If you first got a Pulse plan before October 27th, 2017, then the promo is no longer valid.

Hope that helps! If it still does not work, let us know and we'll send you a PM so we can check out your account. 

all4bees

Hello!  I seem to be having the same issue as others here.  The "Get it now" button beside "Spotify" under "Manage My Services" doesnt' do anything!  No popup, no new window.  I do see some javascript errors when I click the link.  I have tried other browsers with no luck. Any help appreciated it, thanks!

spot1.jpgspot2.jpg

Hey @all4bees

That's pretty odd...  I'll send you a PM so that we can take a look at this together.

Talk to you soon Smiley

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Can you please give me the exact date you registered @tr26 ? The feature hasn't been offered since July 30th, did you get your service with us before or after that date?

tr26

Yes, before.

It was around March/April. 

Hey there @randimurphy0817

Welcome to the community Smiley

Can you please detail how you're trying to access your Spotify services to manage them? Also, when did you receive or sign up for the current promotion?

Keep in mind that current Pulse plans do not offer Spotify anymore. you can find more info on this FAQ page.

kristina5

I too am having issues with redeeeming my free 6 months of spotify premium.

I got my plan on July 22nd 2018.

I did not revieve any code with a link within the 48 hours prompting me to a website.

I logged into my fido account and tried to set up my spotify. When i did this, the term "manage" was beside spotify under "manage my services" i clicked it and was able to put in my mobile number, recieve and type in my 4 digit code but once i did that i was given a message saying " Hey there! Sign up as first time spotify Premium User and enjoy 6 months for free. Get your access link by logging into your fido account. www.fido.ca/login" which makes me do these steps all over again and was not redirected to a page where i am supposed to redeem my premium spotify.

Please Help!

Melodia

Did you ever get this fixed? This is so frustrating since I signed up in part for the perks.. I still can't get Spotify for this exact same reason.

For those who are saying it's expired..check out Fido's website, search for spotify and this Q and A comes up right away:

Spotify Premium promo ending

As of July 30, 2018, customers who subscribe to a Fido PulseTM plan will no longer receive the first 6 months of a Spotify Premium subscription for free. Promo codes distributed before this date must be redeemed by July 30, 2019.

This promotion might be over, but there’s still a ton of exciting bonus features for Fido customers to enjoy:

• Fido XTRA: Get new perks from awesome brands like Adidas, Foodora, La Senza and more. Every Thursday at no extra cost.
  • Data Bytes: Get 5 extra hours of data with Fido Pulse plans.
  • Fido RoamTM:Use your plan’s talk, text and data while travelling for a low daily price.

Thanks for choosing Fido! For more info on Spotify, please go 

If you’re a Fido PulseTM plan customer who’s activated your plan between October 25 2017 to July 30 2018 never subscribed to Spotify Premium before, you’re eligible to enjoy the first 6 months of a Spotify Premium subscription for free. Offer must be redeemed within one year.

Follow the activation steps below to subscribe to Spotify Premium and activate your free 6 months:

Within 48 hours of activating your Fido Pulse plan you’ll get a text message from us welcoming you to enjoy 6 months of free access to Spotify Premium. The link in the welcome message contains an embedded Spotify promo code:

1. Tap on the link to go to the Spotify website where you can redeem your code and activate your Spotify Premium account.
  2. If necessary, sign up for a Spotify account, or sign in to an existing account.
  3. Your 6 months of free Spotify Premium access begins once you’ve successfully completed the activation steps.

Keep in mind, as part of activating your 6 months of free access to Spotify Premium, you’ll be asked to register a payment method.

If you signed up for a Fido Pulse plan and within 48 hours you didn’t receive a text link from us for 6 months of free Spotify Premium, or in case you accidentally deleted that message, you can get a copy of the link any time in My Account on Fido.ca.

Hey @kristina5

You're at the right place and you are following the correct steps Smiley

Did it not re-direct you to the Spotify website at all during that process? Are you able to test it again with a different browser by any chance?

Keep in mind you must open a new Spotify account to benefit, if you had Premium in the past it will not work.

Keep us posted and we'll go from there Smiley

kristina5

I have not been red-directed to spotfy at all during the many attempts that i have made on different occassions.

I have also tried on google, bing and have tired on different devices (phone, laptop etc.)

i do have spotify but it is the free subcription and have never had spotify premium before.

Thanks!

Alrighty! Looks like you tried everything Smiley

Sending you a DM to get this sorted out!