Buying a new phone, same contract

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

SOLVED
olivercclark
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hi There, I've been having the standard issues with my Galaxy S6 edge for so long now that I'm no longer interested in keeping it as a phone. I've had dozens of interactions with Fido customer support, telling me that my phone is texting and calling issues are going to be fixed with updates, yet nothing has improved. Instead, I'd like a completely different phone - and NOT a S6 or S6 edge.

I have a couple questions:

1. Can I trade my phone in for a different one? Does fido buy back phones? and How much could I sell my S6 edge for?

2. I have the Fido protection plan. If I spend the $200 to replace it, can I get a different phone rather than another S6 edge?

3. If I wait until after christmas, will phones be cheaper? Any sweet deals I should expect?

Thanks,

Oliver

Accepted Solution

Re: Buying a new phone, same contract

Solved by Moderator

Hey olivercclark and welcome to the Community Smiley

You can take advantage of the FidoTRADE.  This allows you to trade in your old device and get a credit towards the purchase of a new phone. You can find all the details here

The device would be replaced by the same model. Basically, your Samsung won't be replace by a Iphone or a LG.

For the phone prices, keep an eye on Fido.ca for updates.

Hope this helps Smiley

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
FidoKenny

Hey olivercclark and welcome to the Community Smiley

You can take advantage of the FidoTRADE.  This allows you to trade in your old device and get a credit towards the purchase of a new phone. You can find all the details here

The device would be replaced by the same model. Basically, your Samsung won't be replace by a Iphone or a LG.

For the phone prices, keep an eye on Fido.ca for updates.

Hope this helps Smiley

KennyGJr
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but my question is something similar to this situation.

I bought a phone, but I want to buy a phone from Fido, but keep my existing plan.  When I go to choose the phone I want with no term, which is a Google Pixel 2, it doesn't give me the option to use my existing plan, it only shows me the plans I have to choose.

I went to the option of trading in my old phone for a new one, but it only showed me what I could get for my existing phone, which was only $30 since it's a Nexus 5.

I was wondering why can't I use my existing plan, and purchase whatever model phone I want?  Why am I being forced to choose a specific plan for a particular device?

Hey @KennyGJr

Welcome to the Community Smiley

If you want to purchase the phone full price you can definitely keep your plan! In the case that you want an agreement with a subsidy on the device, you will need to change your plan in order to benefit from the pricing! Were you logged in when you tried to purchase the phone full price?

As for the Fido Trade-in, you would need to go in store to benefit from this! 

Hope this helps.