Buying a Tablet with No Term

I'm a Participant Level 1 xxbuttons
I'm a Participant Level 1

Buying a Tablet with No Term

Hello,

I wanted to purchase a tablet outright. Do I still require the credit check, seeing as I don't want to finance? Can I use my FidoDollars towards a portion of the cost? 

I also plan on cancelling the plan attached to it as soon as I recieve it, will I still be charged the complete $10/month minimum, or will I be reimbursed for the portion of it that I did not use (days between when I cancel, and the end of my bill cycle)? I was told previously that cancelling the plan is an option, but it needs to be applied in order to actually order the tablet.

Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Re: Buying a Tablet with No Term

@FidoKenny wrote:
Hey xxbuttons and welcome to the Community Smiley

You can buy the Tablet outright, however you won't be able to use your FidoDOLLARS if you don't take a line with it.

By taking the Easy Pay plan with the your tablet, then the FidoDOLLARS can be redeemed towards the purchase of your new device.

If you do plan on cancelling, then the $10 charge for the plan will be prorated from the date that you stop your service. Basically you won't be charged for the full month.

Hope this helps Smiley

Hi Kenny, 

I don't think there is prorata for the mobile data or easy pay plan, since the plan 10$ is based on the data usage of last cycle, as long as it is between 0 to 150MB, no matter how many days was used for last cycle, it is 10$. 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 9

You can buy the Tablet outright, however you won't be able to use your FidoDOLLARS if you don't take a line with it.

By taking the Easy Pay plan with the your tablet, then the FidoDOLLARS can be redeemed towards the purchase of your new device.

If you do plan on cancelling, then the $10 charge for the plan will be prorated from the date that you stop your service. Basically you won't be charged for the full month.

Hope this helps Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 9
Fido Employee AdamBeast
Fido Employee
Solution

@FidoKenny wrote:

Hope this helps Smiley

Hi Kenny, 

I don't think there is prorata for the mobile data or easy pay plan, since the plan 10$ is based on the data usage of last cycle, as long as it is between 0 to 150MB, no matter how many days was used for last cycle, it is 10$. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 9

Hey @AdamBeast and thank you for the correction there Smiley

I did check on my end, and you're right. The $10 would still be charged fully even if the service is cancelled before the end of the cycle.

@xxbuttons : Sorry about that. I do think it's important that you should know Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 9
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 nomadicnate
I'm a Participant Level 2

So if I ordered the tablet @10.00 month and fido charge 10$ month for 150mb then first bill is 20$ but then I can cancel Mb plan and my bill would be charged only 10$ month for 2 years?
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 9
Former Moderator FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

Hey  @nomadicnate

If you cancel the data plan, the tablet will be charged back in full on the next invoice.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 9
I'm a Participant Level 2 eslbeagle

Hi,

Can we use our Fido dollars towards the initial price of a tablet?

Thanks

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 9
Former Moderator FidoCatherine
Former Moderator

Re: Tablet

Hi @eslebeagle 

I think you'll find the answer to your question up-top 😃

Hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 9
I'm a Participant Level 2 eslbeagle

Thank you to everyone who replied. I will go check it out tomorrow.

Have a nice evening!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 9