Bring your own phone plan question

SOLVED
puretopaz
I'm a Participant Level 1

My dad and I just went to Fido to upgrade and/or change his plan (he was on $44 standard plan from long ago) because he received an email from Fido with a loyalty offer for $40 unlimited talk/text/1gb data BYOP.

He decided to take that plan instead of upgrading his phone today (waiting for new phones to come so that old ones can get discounted.)

We asked the store rep whether this plan would be a contract plan and the person said no, since he was not changing his phone. The rep said she couldn't print anything out but could write the details of the plan (what's included, etc)

Then he checked his email to see the full change of service form, and it says it's a 36-month term plan?

This is very confusing and unexpected. What does this mean?

Accepted Solution

Re: Bring your own phone plan question

Solved by MVP MVP

Hello @puretopaz,

Welcome to the community!

Something is diffentely off there because a bring your own phone plan (BYOP) is not a contract plan and no carriers in Canada are allowed to do 36 months contracts anymore only 24 months. 

You can contact customer service and have them double check your plan, you can contact Fido through any of the available methods listed here. Alternatively you can also message a moderator here in the community for assistance.

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hello @puretopaz,

Welcome to the community!

Something is diffentely off there because a bring your own phone plan (BYOP) is not a contract plan and no carriers in Canada are allowed to do 36 months contracts anymore only 24 months. 

You can contact customer service and have them double check your plan, you can contact Fido through any of the available methods listed here. Alternatively you can also message a moderator here in the community for assistance.

Hey @puretopaz

We're you able to get this looked into? KAPABLE-K is absolutely right! We don't offer any 36 month terms. Also, BYOP plans aren't available on any agreement. 

If you still need help, let me know and I'll send you a PM!