Bring in an S6 for warranty repair Fido gives me back a cheap A5

I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Bring in an S6 for warranty repair Fido gives me back a cheap A5

New experience for me. My 3 month old Galaxy S6 stopped working ( no display on the screen) and I returned it to Fido for warrany service. A week later my daughter gets a call from Fido indicating my repair was ready to pick up. She hands me a used Samsung A5. HUH !!!!!!!!  I bring in a premium flagship phone, does Fido think I'll take back a mid tier phone they don't even carry any longer? I'm paying a $35 subsidy every month for that snapdragon processor and the extra RAM and the nicer camera why would I take a replacement of the A5? This is akin to bringing a BMW in for repair and the mechanic says " Hey, take this Pontiac instead. It's still a car after all."  I'm beyond ticked off. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 5
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Re: Bring in an S6 for warranty repair Fido gives me back a cheap A5

Has to be a mistake, was this corrected? or maybe it was just a loaner.

They always give you some loaner for your premium piece.

At just 3 months old they should have opened the cupbioard below and give you a new phone, and send that to Samsung to figure out.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 5

Hey @Proac!

This definitely does not sound right! I am going to send you a PM so we can take a closer look into your account together. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 5
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

I already paid a deposit and am using a mid tier Sony phone till mine came back. I was told two weeks for repair but it's only been about 8days. I'm sure as heck not paying a $35 / month subsidy on a middle of the road phone.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
Former Moderator FidoMaria
Former Moderator

@Proac That's totally understandable!

I've answered your PM. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 5