Bring back BlackBerry

I'm a Participant Level 2 Bigpete
I'm a Participant Level 2

Bring back BlackBerry

Hello, I am loyal customer with Fido and I've been with BlackBerry for 7 years. The fact that Fido doesn't carry BlackBerry phones, is unreal. While the other competitors like (Telus, Rogers, Bell,Virgin Mobile) all carry BlackBerry's, Fido prefers to keep mainstream phones, like iPhones, Android, Windows which to me are KID phones. Fido wants to competitive? The should bring in BlackBerry phones. FIDO you have customers who want BlackBerry phones. And no, I won't take the offer that Fido gave me, the iPhone 5S for free, I want  a real phone not  a plastic phone. If I want a plastic phone, I'll go to the toy store and get one. So Fido, it was nice while it lasted, I can't wait till my contract is up so I can these words " GOODBYE". And I am sure, other BlackBerry customers feel the same, and want to leave.

FIDO you disappoint me.

Upset long time customer

Accepted Solution

Re: Bring back BlackBerry

Thank you for your feedback Bigpete!

Rest assured that your comments are important to us. We strive to provide you with the best customer service while choosing the best combination of price and services that respects your budget and that specifically meets your needs.

As much as I'd love to give you more details about upcoming devices, we cannot comment on devices we have not yet announed. If we do end up carrying other Blackberry devices, we'll definitely make sure to let everyone know right here on Fido.ca Smiley Just keep an eye on our website! 

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 39
I'm Helpful Level 3
I'm Helpful Level 3

Moderator,

We all know that you can bring any unlocked phone to any carrier. The whole point to all these posts regarding Blackberry is that no one wants to pay for the outright price of the phone. We want Fido to carry these phones, so we only pay for the subsidized price.

Just checked mobilicity and yup, they do carry the Z30, Passport, and Classic. And even the selection of Android phones are really slim. I guess Rogers dictates the Fido phone line-up.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 39
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

Hi FidoAmandaN,

Not everyone can afford to buy unlocked phone outright. For example, a unlocked BlackBerry Passport will cost me $600 if I buy it directly thru Shop BlackBerry. It really helps if carrier can subsidize the phone with 2-year agreement.  

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 39
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

guys...

if you love the blackberry so much...

sigh a contract, get an iphone, sell the iphone and use the money to get your blackberry.

done.

simple as that!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 39
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Well, I called in today, and received a thank you for being a loyal Fido customer. I asked about what I can do with my $200 in Fido dollars and they said to get a new phone. I saw the BlackBerry heading, clicked on it, and nothing there. I said, you don't have a phone I want, I want a BlackBerry. He said, no one wants a BlackBerry, the company is dead, they don't honour their warranty and they don't have any apps. The phones won't update to the new OS, so they are a brick. Wow, pretty harsh for someone who has no clue about the devices. I asked if he had ever used or even looked at one, no one carries them, so why would I? Oh boy, I was calling from my Z30 that just updated to 10.3.xx and told him that. You must have got it by mistake. OK, I am hanging up now. How do you have a conversation with someone that is ignorant to the conversation?

If you liked my answer or I solved your problem please click like or solved.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 39
I'm a Participant Level 1 FidoinMtl
I'm a Participant Level 1

I agree with the OP. Fido, please bring back Blackberry. My contract is up for renewal and I was looking forward to getting a Blackberry. My daughter got the Galaxy S4 last summer on a new smart plan and it BROKE in less than 2 months. Turns out, from what I have read on many forums online that the S4 digitizer is very fragile and easily cracks. So what is the point of buying a phone like this? We're left locked into a contract paying off a phone that broke soon after purchase. I went out and bought her an unlocked Z10 because Blackberrys are like tanks, they're built to last. I sideloaded android apps and she's good to go.

I like the new OS and Blackberry phones are far more secure than the other phones out there.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 39
I'm a Contributor Level 2 slimmer1972
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Although it would be nice to have a better selection of smartphones, Fido is a subsiduary of Rogers.  Fido's rates are cheaper and the trade off to that is less selection.  Do people have an issue seeing that?

Complaining that a sister company doesn't carry every smartphone manufacturer (why not carry Huawei, Xiaomi, Lenovo as well?) is silly. 

Another reason: Blackberry's marketshare in Canada is something like 15%, which is a drop of 5% from the year before = less people were choosing it.  Fido has chosen to carry popular and less-expensive options for the less-discerning customer.

Yet one MORE reason:  Blackberry's target market is the business sector and that is why the Big 3 carry Blackberry.  Fido is NOT here to service the business community.

Want a Blackberry? Cancel your Fido contract.  Join Rogers.  Or someone else.  Pretty easy, really.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 39
I'm a Contributor Level 2 sal_67

ok, smart guy...then why do virtually all of fido's competitors carry blackberry phones?

if i wanted to pay $50 a month for 200MB, i would have switched to rogers a long time ago.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 39
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

Hi Slimmer1972,

Your statement is lame. In terms of market share in Canada, do you think Windows phone is greater than BlackBerry's? Even though market share of Blackberry is shrinking (like 10% for example), how much stronger Windows phone is? Don't get me wrong, I love Microsoft. Windows phone is at least better than iPhone but still not as great as BlackBerry 10 smatphones.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 18 of 39
I'm a Contributor Level 2 slimmer1972

Hey sal,

Smart guy?   Well, I guess we're keeping this civil.

"...virtually all of fido's competitors"? 

Virgin?  They have the Classic

Solo?  None.

Chatr?  Zero.

Koodo?  Nada. 

So...there's that, I guess.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 19 of 39
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

You forget Fido's competitor : Mobilicity. They carry BlackBerry Passport, Classic and even older model Z30. Their plan (everything is unlimited) is way cheaper than Fido.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 20 of 39