Bring back BlackBerry

I'm a Participant Level 2 Bigpete
I'm a Participant Level 2

Bring back BlackBerry

Hello, I am loyal customer with Fido and I've been with BlackBerry for 7 years. The fact that Fido doesn't carry BlackBerry phones, is unreal. While the other competitors like (Telus, Rogers, Bell,Virgin Mobile) all carry BlackBerry's, Fido prefers to keep mainstream phones, like iPhones, Android, Windows which to me are KID phones. Fido wants to competitive? The should bring in BlackBerry phones. FIDO you have customers who want BlackBerry phones. And no, I won't take the offer that Fido gave me, the iPhone 5S for free, I want  a real phone not  a plastic phone. If I want a plastic phone, I'll go to the toy store and get one. So Fido, it was nice while it lasted, I can't wait till my contract is up so I can these words " GOODBYE". And I am sure, other BlackBerry customers feel the same, and want to leave.

FIDO you disappoint me.

Upset long time customer

Accepted Solution

Re: Bring back BlackBerry

Thank you for your feedback Bigpete!

Rest assured that your comments are important to us. We strive to provide you with the best customer service while choosing the best combination of price and services that respects your budget and that specifically meets your needs.

As much as I'd love to give you more details about upcoming devices, we cannot comment on devices we have not yet announed. If we do end up carrying other Blackberry devices, we'll definitely make sure to let everyone know right here on Fido.ca Smiley Just keep an eye on our website! 

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 39
I'm a Participant Level 2 Megatron

I HEARTILY agree! 

I have begrudgingly used Android for years. I never liked it. But since the 5.0 update... I now fully HATE it. I do own two Windows Phones, and it is a great platform, absolutely, but NOTHING can touch BlackBerry 10 in terms of being utilitarian and solid. I got a Q5 on Telus prepaid back in the days, and I absolutely fell in love with it. Hell, I paid $50 to have it unlocked just to use it on FIDO!

I am seriously thinking of switching to a monthly plan, and I'd like to commit to a new term, but I am sorry, I want NOTHING to do with Android or iPhones. I like Windows Phone, but not enough to commit to a term with one such phone. I love my Q5, and I am very satisfied with FIDO. But I would like something more powerful, be it a Passport, Classic or a Leap. But it seems that to do so, I'd have to cross over to Rogers. Getting it unlocked is a rather expensive option, and one that isn't viable for me. 

I'll chip in and say I hope you'd think of those who like Blackberry and offer us an option.  

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 31 of 39
I'm a Contributor Level 2 sal_67
I'm a Contributor Level 2

hahahaha...my new thread on this topic got deleted. guess fido can't take the truth.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 32 of 39
I'm a Participant Level 2 Megatron

Is that so? Interesting. That, or they don't like the idea of selling something that isn't Google or Apple. 

For my part I'll be crossing over to Rogers with a Passport. I want nothing to do with either of the aforementioned. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 33 of 39

Hi all, 

We hear you! 

Just want to remind you all that it's always possible to bring an unlocked phone to use on our network. 

Let us know if there is any questions. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 34 of 39
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1

The New BB Slider will Push the other BB Models Price Down Quickly I Hope

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 35 of 39
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1

I hope ROGERS Lets FIDO Carry the BlackBerry Slider

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 36 of 39
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

This is an interesting thread that for some reason appeared on my front page sign in. I too, have been with Fido since early 2004, maybe late 2003. I have been a BlackBerry user for as long. I am still offended that my carrier doesn't provide the choices that other carriers do. I have been buying my own  phones for the last 5 or so years, either used on ebay or direct from shopblackberry website. Buying direct is a shocking reality for most people that don't realize the true cost of a mobile device. I am betting that the new marketing for Fido is directed at a younger market that wants the latest and greatest and doesn't really care about the contract/tab commitment.  That's okay. Us older, longer term customers are not really making them much money anymore. We have grandfathered plans, keep our phones longer and have the financial means to buy our devices outright. We can lobby for our device of choice to come back to our carrier all we want, but, if it isn't in demand by the focussed demographic, it will fall on deaf ears. The mods here are doing their best to keep us happy and answer questions, but, they still have to adhere to policy and stance of their employer.

I won't beat up on them, I will stay where I have a great plan, and if I get really irritated, I will write to the marketing/retentions/customer relations department that might be able to do something different.

Having said all that, I am looking forward to the delivery of my new BlackBerry PassPort that should be arriving this week.

If you liked my answer or I solved your problem please click like or solved.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 37 of 39
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1

I read a Notice in BlackBerry Would That BB Priv & Classic are available for Fido Vias Special Order

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 38 of 39
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Sadly Blackberry prices their devices like its 2006 and they dominate market share. They are now tiny players when it comes to hardware and their phones can't really even compete with the likes of Huwai or Alcatel and oughtta be priced accordingly. Back in the day the corporate world adored Blackberry and BIS but almost all now have a BYOP policy. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 39 of 39