Bring Your Own Phone plan

SOLVED
kbs1664
I'm a Participant Level 2

I am currently on a tab 24 agreement. I have exactly one year left. When it expires, would I be able to get the bring your own phone discount? I tried calling fido customer service but they didn't even know the answer!

Accepted Solution

Re: Bring Your Own Phone plan

Solved by MVP MVP

There isn't a Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) discount. It's a plan with a discount already built into it because you are not getting a subsidy for a phone and those plans are not eligible for a phone upgrade.

So if you want to switch to a BYOP plan then you will have to pay out the remainding balance on your current tab then you can switch plans or at the end of your tab agreement you can switch.

If you would like to know the balance of your current tab you can login to "My ACCOUNT" click on the number you need the info for and on the next page scroll to the bottom and you will see "Upgrade Today Fee:" that is the remainding balance of your current tab.

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
KAPABLE-K
MVP

There isn't a Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) discount. It's a plan with a discount already built into it because you are not getting a subsidy for a phone and those plans are not eligible for a phone upgrade.

So if you want to switch to a BYOP plan then you will have to pay out the remainding balance on your current tab then you can switch plans or at the end of your tab agreement you can switch.

If you would like to know the balance of your current tab you can login to "My ACCOUNT" click on the number you need the info for and on the next page scroll to the bottom and you will see "Upgrade Today Fee:" that is the remainding balance of your current tab.