Brightstar

Brightstar

Brightstar

Brightstarvictm
I'm a Participant Level 1

Brightstar

I recived my replacement device for my stolen galaxy S9 that was under 1 month old. I opened the box to find a broken phone, the back of it is coming off, only half attached to the phone, The corners are chipped and dented like it's been dropped 100 times. The phone gets unbearably hot, the battery drained in 2hrs from 100%. This was all the problems noticed immediately. I called them once I opened it, they will not send me a new device. I have to drive 40min to the closest brightstar certified repair shop for them to repair. Who knows what unseen damage is done due to the wide open casing on the phone. So for my phone that went directly in a lifeproof case and was a few weeks old, their "comparable device" is a broken, beat up frankinstine phone poorly refurbished from a bunch of unrepairable devices they have recived from other customers.  I'm sure I will be constantly getting it fixed well into my 2nd year of the contract well after their 12 month service warranty is up, forcing me to pay another $230 for a second request only to get who knows what piece of garbage at that point. I will not settle for this customer service/ robbery. Fido will brush it off saying it's a third party company that had nothing to do with them. It needs to be rectified. If not by brightstar then fido needs to step up and be held accountable for a service they were selling and preaching how great it was at time of purchase. My FIDO experience has been great up to this point and brightstar will lose them a customer if nothing is done. 

1 REPLY 1
FidoThomas
Moderator (inactive)

Hey Brightstarvictm,

Welcome to the Community!

Rest assured that you're at the right place for help Smiley 

It's definitely not the kind of experience we wish to provide with the Premium Device Protection! We understand that your device is an important part of your life and therefore we aim to offer you a convenient repair and replacement options that will ensure you're not without your device for long.

Receiving a damaged phone as a replacement is indeed not acceptable. Brightstar has their own procedure when it comes to such situation, you've done the right thing by bringing the phone to the repair center Smiley We'll look into this with you and see what we can do to help! 

I'll send you a PM and we'll continue over there.