Bonus 1GB for 12 Months

Bonus 1GB for 12 Months

Bonus 1GB for 12 Months

SOLVED
KideLee333
I'm a Participant Level 1

Bonus 1GB for 12 Months

I got a text message from the number 4867 telling me that for a limited time I would be able to get an extra 1gb of data added on to my monthly plan for the next 12 months, given that I reply "YES" within the next 5 days, applicable from the start of the next month. The message then gave a link to the fido contact page for questions or more information. I am aware that there is currently a promotion offering an extra 1gb for certain plans, but the plan I currently have does not seem to be included (500mb, 500min talk, unlimited text), so it does not seem to be a message informing me of the promotion. I was unsure if this is a scam or if it was a legitimate offer for me, so I have not yet replied. There is also no recorded text history with this number, so it seems that I have not received texts from the number before.

Accepted Solution

Re: Bonus 1GB for 12 Months

Solved by Former Moderator FidoTerry

Welcome to the community @KideLee333! Smiley

It is from us! We’re giving you this as a way of thanking you for being with Fido. Smiley

Here's some more information:

This gift will remain on your account for 12 months. If you change your price plan or do a hardware upgrade, this gift will no longer be valid and will be removed from your account. You can track your bonus data usage on either My Account on fido.ca or through the Fido My Account App. If you go over the allocated data included in your plan the standard overage rates of your plan apply.

Awesome right? Very_Happy

View solution in context
7 REPLIES 7
Pjalvarez91

Hi @Pjalvarez91, is there anything you need help with?

-Faiza

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @KideLee333! Smiley

It is from us! We’re giving you this as a way of thanking you for being with Fido. Smiley

Here's some more information:

This gift will remain on your account for 12 months. If you change your price plan or do a hardware upgrade, this gift will no longer be valid and will be removed from your account. You can track your bonus data usage on either My Account on fido.ca or through the Fido My Account App. If you go over the allocated data included in your plan the standard overage rates of your plan apply.

Awesome right? Very_Happy

Hammertime

Hi,

If I make no changes or upgrades, what happens after 12 months?

Thanks,

HT

Hi @KideLee333!

After the 12 months, the option would simply expire.

Let me know if you gave any other questions. Smiley

Alex_DC
I'm Helpful Level 1

WOW! I've been with Fido coming up on 14 years and have never received such a generous offer via text. I've had 2-3 lines on my account at any given time, have always paid my bill in full on time, but have always had to ask for any little perks (e.g. one time goodwill loyalty credit, and have sometimes been denied).

How much better can a customer be to receive such offers?

We're happy knowing you're happy @Alex_DC Thanks for the shout-out!