Bluboo Xtouch Working in GTA are?

SOLVED
spncr_wu
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi I was wondering wether the Bluboo Xtouch would work on the fido network around the GTA are.

These are the frequencies the phone uses.

2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 850/900/2100MHz
4G: LTE 800/1800/2100/2600MHz

Also is there a way of finding out which towers are used in certain areas of ontario?

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: Bluboo Xtouch Working in GTA are?

Solved by MVP MVP

Yes it should work. Detailed info about the frequency can be found here.

A map that shows Fido coverage area can be found here.

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@spncr_wu wrote:

Hi I was wondering wether the Bluboo Xtouch would work on the fido network around the GTA are.

These are the frequencies the phone uses.

2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 850/900/2100MHz
4G: LTE 800/1800/2100/2600MHz

Also is there a way of finding out which towers are used in certain areas of ontario?

Thanks.

Hello Spncr_wu,

Welcome to the forums!

Judging by those specifications, that phone would have both of the compatible bands/frequencies for 2G and only one of the compatible bands/frequencies for '3G', band 5 or 850MHz. With regards to LTE, that phone would also only have one compatible band/frequency, band 7 or 2600MHz. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here. Since the phone does not have all of compatible bands/frequencies, the phone would work on the networks, however coverage may be limited depending on the bands/frequencies of the surrounding towers.

While I cannot vouch for its accuracy, I tend to use this site to reference cell tower locations. I find it gives a better estimate of coverage than the broadly encompassing map provided above. Unfortunately, I have not yet found a site which also lists cell towers broadcasting the 700MHz spectrum.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP

Yes it should work. Detailed info about the frequency can be found here.

A map that shows Fido coverage area can be found here.